Which mower…

/ Which mower…
Thanks All...

I think I now have the information I need to make an informed decision.

FingerLakes

/ Which mower… #22  
I guess it depends on how you feel your cut is now.. if your lawn is pretty flat, and the tractor and deck don't do a lot of dancing with each other going up and down rollers , them you may not even need them. If you do find it hard to keep the front of the deck level with the back, then with the gage wheel kit you can just drop the deck on all 4 wheels and not worry about the 3ph adjustment in uneven areas or hills etc...
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Which mower… #23  
Thanks.....so are you saying to put the 3PH lever all the way down and that way the mower would never "lift" when I go over dumps ?

/ Which mower… #24  
Yupper,,
With 4 wheels,, she just basically tows around behind ya..you set your mower height with the spacers on each wheel.
Here's a picture of one of the mowers, and you can see the top link isn't really tight,, just sort of hanging there with the mower on the ground.
rfm.jpg

Attachments

• 707988-rfm.JPG
    707988-rfm.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 116
   / Which mower… #25  
Thanks for the education Dutch ! If it has not been said lately, you're the man /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which mower… #26  
How much for a RFM Frontier mower that is rear discharge, like the one you show in the picture ? Thx

/ Which mower… #27  
The Frontier line has mowers from an economy model in 4', 5' and 6', (1060E etc) , their 10 series mowers come 5', 6', 7', (1172R etc) and up to heavier mowers, 2072, 2084, 1190, 2190, and 2109 (9')
The economy models should end up being priced between $1,500-$2000.. the standard duty from around $2,000 or so, and the heavier mowers can run upper 2k's, into the $4,000 range.... .
Keep in mind , a front antiscalp roller is optional, but could be
worth it on uneven ground.

(the mower in the pic is the 1190, (7') with a list price of $4,500 or so)

/ Which mower… #28  
Thx /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif