Which National Park?

/ Which National Park? #11  
Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Mount Rushmore and surrounding area.
We did that in one trip. Flew to denver, drove to rushmore, devils tower, bighorn mts, cody, yellowstone, tetons, rocky mt nat park, back to denver. Didnt have enough time. Just do yellowstone tetons.

/ Which National Park? #12  
All the national parks have their own merits and all are worth seeing IMO...
The three that impressed me the most were #1 Yellowstone, #2 Grand Canyon, #3 Crater Lake...
Tetons, Yosemite, Redwood, Zion, Petrified Forrest...were all more than worthy of a visit...

/ Which National Park? #14  
Alaska Marine Highway from Seatle.
I went from juneau to prince rupert on a ferry, that was great. Then drove down thru jasper, banff and across the US.

/ Which National Park? #15  
Since Oregon has been a popular subject lately, I’ll throw in a plug for Crater Lake. Just an amazing sight that has no rival.

/ Which National Park?
Thanks for the advice guys. I should clarify that we are only equipped for day hikes. Probably the farthest we have ever hiked together was 10-12 miles and that was at low altitude...although it was 90 degrees and humid. I have never been a hiker/camper (although my brother is so he could help us sort that out if we really wanted to do that).

Also, continental US more than likely. One of the reasons we crossed Europe off the list was the price of air fare. Might do Alaska but flights there are probably high too (from SC). Would love Hawaii but that's out too. Continental US air fare is pretty cheap right now, oddly enough.

/ Which National Park? #17  
Kinda funny that we like vacationing where YOU live! hahahaa We've been to the OB several times in NC and everywhere down to Tybee Island, GA and in between. Lots to do over there.

You're in SC. Have you been to the Smokies? We've been there probably 10 times. Lots of good day hikes in that park.

Mammoth Cave. There's several different tours of varying times and difficulties. It's cool in summer and warm in winter down there.

If you go out to Rapid City, SD, there's probably 5-6 days worth of stuff to do there.
Mount Rushmore
Crazy Horse(not a National Park, but 10 times more impressive than Rushmore, in my opinion)
Devil's Tower
Some caves.
Badlands

Yellowstone was our favorite. But be prepared for lots of traffic in season and gosh help you if you get caught in a bear jam (bear stops traffic).

Little Bighorn battlefield.

You ever been up to DC? I highly recommend it, if not. Stay in a town on the outskirts and ride the subway in daily to the national mall. The subways are clean, safe, and easy to use. I had my kids plan the subway route and take me to the mall to see if they could get around if they got lost. No problem for them at all.

Gettysburg, PA is a must. Great park! You can drive, stop and walk all day long. 2 days if you read a lot.

Grand Canyon was OK. We had more fun flying into Phoenix, driving south to Tucson to the San Javier mission, then north to the Grand Canyon, but stopping at all of the cliff dwellings on the right on the way up, and the right on the way back to Phoenix. There's a LOT to see in AZ.

Big trees in CA.

Our to do trip would be to fly out to LA, then drive north to Canada along the ocean, then fly home. Would take a couple weeks for us, though.

/ Which National Park? #20  
Yellowstone......Mt. Rushmore.......Yosemite.......Sequoia.......Grand Tetons.......Glacier.......Acadia.....Zion......Grand Canyon.....Great Smoky's.....Denali.....Olympic........Arches.......Everglades.........all are beautiful......lots to see........take your pick........they all are worth visiting.