Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #1  

Fordiesel69

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 30
I have both of these and need to sell one. The goal is to make a profit on one, and use the other at another small property. Which is better? How are these engines?

DYT4000: Briggs Intek 18.5 HP Engine w/ Hydro Tranny 42" Deck w/ bagger.
-New headgasket, pushrods, and retainer plate. Head should be replaced as it burns oil thru the valve guides. It will burn a ton of oil if you go down a steep hill.
-New spindles
-New blades.
-New belt.
-Carb Service.
-New rectifier for charging.
-Electric PTO, (works perfect.)

LT2000: Kohler Command Pro CV492s 18 Engine w/ Hydro Tranny 42" side discharge.
-Did nothing, engine runs like it is new.
-Has manual deck pto lever.
-Feels cheaply made compared to DYT4000 but like the engine a lot and like the fact there is no electric pto to fail.
-Deck will need new spindles and blades in another season or so.

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #2  
I'd sell the one with the Briggs, but good luck - if you tell them about the oil burning... Profit? doubt it - neither one is worth over $200 (IMHO).

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #3  
I'd sell the one with the Briggs, but good luck - if you tell them about the oil burning... Profit? doubt it - neither one is worth over $200 (IMHO).
I would have agreed, 2-3 years ago. I can't speak to your local area, but here in Maine things have gotten quite dumb. OP could get $500 here, minimum, all day long. 20 year old John Deere 100 series machines are selling for $800 - $1k!

I'd say you're spot on regarding which to sell though, the Command is typically a solid long haul little engine.

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000
Is the intek junk? I was thinking of keeping it as im skilled with engine work and can keep an eye on the oil. A new owner may just run till it seizes up.

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #5  
Is the intek junk? I was thinking of keeping it as im skilled with engine work and can keep an eye on the oil. A new owner may just run till it seizes up.

If it's still running, it's a good example, but they could be problematic; that said, you did say it will need further work. They're better than a Courage, but not as good as the Command. The Command is, arguably, a commercial grade engine.

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #6  
I got so fed up with the Intek on my Z225 that I replaced it with a different engine. I'd keep the Kohler.

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000
Ok so that is very helpful. Its also a shame the LT2000 feels like a toy compared to the DYT4000. But it has the better engine. My luck for sure........

/ Which to keep? Craftsman DYT4000 or Craftsman LT2000 #8  
Many mowers are built so the manufacturer can change engines easily depending on which engine supplier is offering the best deal. Could you swap engine between your two mowers?