Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner

/ Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner #51  
Thanks! I saw that it looked like the M-F dealer might be returning and I saw a tractor out there a couple of months ago! I don't get that way often, but definitely need to get looking.

I did not get a tractor yet. I sent mine off for service...they sat on it for almost a month, didn't do anything to it, I squawked, they returned it, generously not charging me for hauling it to the shop and not working on it for a month. The international supply chain issues and pandemic pricing makes me drag me feet a bit as well.

I've decided to get my basement finished and get the maintenance done on the Case for this year. I also want a UTV for winter farm chores...I realize I won't use it much in the summer, but boy I want it for the winter. And, the little ones I want, I think will fit into my horse trailer and then I can use it at horse shows in summer.

I'm, obviously, a very slow researcher. And, I'm also ridiculously busy at work. I've got loads of vacation time, but no time to take it!

I am taking a week off, I think I need to make a day of tractor driving/shopping one of the things I do. I should probably make some appointments, walk ins don't seem to be super useful at tractor dealerships so far.

It looks like I have the following, easily accessed dealerships:
Kubota, New Holland, JD, Massey-Ferguson and there might be a Kioti somewhere. The local Kubota dealer is SLOW for service, they used to be a Case dealer, but no longer sell those.

On the implements front, I ended up having to replace my mower deck, after 17 years, it had rusted through, I had a local welder come pick it up, but to refurbish it would have been more cost than I wanted, so instead, we'll donate it to the local welding school, a new DelMorino was in stock, and I got that replaced. This one, we'll do a better job of keeping it cleaned off. The other wouldn't have rusted through so quick if we'd been better at keeping it clean. I went with a replacement as they said it definitely could be operated on a 40-45HP tractor.

So, I've spent a pretty penny on a mowing deck, but nothing else so far!
Hey good to hear from You! Nothing wrong with taking your time on getting a new tractor , I took almost 18 months before I bought my 1st new tractor ( M-F 1526 ) & the very 1st tractor I bought used ( M-F 50 ) & I bought that after shopping 1 weekend & only took 2 weekends to buy my 1st used tractor & it worked out well & they both are keepers. There is a Kioti dealer on 29 south just past where route 15 south merges with 29 & is on the right hand side & they sell different brands of tractors in Nokesville Cub Cadet & used tractors in Warrenton & that's where I bought my 1st tractor the used M-F 50 there name is Mc Michaels. I hope things get turned around as far as supply the shortages are wide spread on so many things & just not tractors & I think allot dealers are not going to sit on inventories anymore & most sales are ordered in advance by customers. Let us know what You find when You are ready & good luck in search & decision & I hope the Case stays running strong for You & as far as mower decks I keep it cleaned of after each use it's a Husqvarna with a 48 inch deck I just use a leaf blower & the same with my RER Snappers.& thank You for your reply.

/ Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner
You don't necessarily need a smaller tractor to be able to reach all the controls. My 5' 2" wife could easily reach the controls on my M6040. Slide the seat forward - tip the steering wheel up - away she goes.
But you seem to need a newer one than what I have! There isn't much adjusting on my old Case.

All the new ones I sat in last weekend did have adjustable seats! It was so nice.

I just ordered a new toy, a 2022 Polaris Ranger EV. I have to pay for that one (less the 2K deposit) when it arrives and then let my savings account recover. Since the tractor still works, I decided a side by side UTV was going to be more useful for me over the winter. My friend loaned me an older Kawasaki Mule last winter and so I learned how much I used it in the winter for hay and stall cleaning, and it really helped a lot, but I wanted electric for the noise and fumes.

/ Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner #53  
I'd keep the old tractor. New ones have too much problems. I worked at Kubota new Holland. Familiar with John Deere too. I would keep the older one. It will still outlast these new ones. Besides too much plastic.

/ Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner #54  
I'll bet you won't have a bit of trouble finding a buyer for your Case 585 & might get quite a bit more than you expect for it. The problem we have locally is too many buyers. There's a guy who wants to take a tractor to Alaska who might be in the bidding.

I think you'll have more trouble replacing it with something nearly as good as selling the old Case.

/ Which tractor for small operator? 5'1" petite farm owner #55  
@mvoght, I hope you will start a thread about your UTV. We are interested in one. We use our UTV for lots of things but it is loud and stinky. We want something more stealthy for hunting season. Would love to hear your experiences.