Which way when dismounting your tractor?

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
I've realized I may be doing something different than the rest of you. When I get off of my TC55 I stand up turn and face forward and put a heel on the step in order to step down and exit. I learned this habit on my 2120 which has a much wider step so it projects out farther from the platform. The TC55 has a narrow step and I know I'm gonna miss it one day and take the skin off my leg. Do you guys turn around and climb down or what?

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #2  
i get up turn around an step down because thats what im used to.but if you can step off the tractor facing the step then thats ok to.

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #3  
Dismount!? You get off your tractor? :thumbsup::laughing:

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #4  
I've realized I may be doing something different than the rest of you. When I get off of my TC55 I stand up turn and face forward and put a heel on the step in order to step down and exit. I learned this habit on my 2120 which has a much wider step so it projects out farther from the platform. The TC55 has a narrow step and I know I'm gonna miss it one day and take the skin off my leg. Do you guys turn around and climb down or what?

I've caught my boot heel on the narrow step getting off forwards and landed on my face a couple times - slow learner :D Surprises me every time. :laughing:

I think the key is to take your time no matter which direction you go.
Dave.

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #5  
007 eject button:laughing:really had not thought about it , I face the step and go down , same way I go up .

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #6  
You got a step?
Army Grunt

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor?
Falling face first ain't gonna be fun at my age. I thihk I have to make a bigger step. Hate to sound like a sissy but would a PTO driven escalator be overkill? :laughing:

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #9  
In industry at our monthly safety lectures we are remined about the 3 point contact. This means 2 feet and 1 hand ,1 foot on 2 hands on the ladder. For dismounting scissor lifts you are to face the ladder and climb down. The problem in industry is when you face plant it is usually into concrete or a steel beam, and they win every time.
Craig Clayton

/ Which way when dismounting your tractor? #10  
Craig Clayton said:
In industry at our monthly safety lectures we are remined about the 3 point contact. This means 2 feet and 1 hand ,1 foot on 2 hands on the ladder. For dismounting scissor lifts you are to face the ladder and climb down. The problem in industry is when you face plant it is usually into concrete or a steel beam, and they win every time.
Craig Clayton

That's exactly the way. You get off the same way you get on.