Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #11  
Unless you're mowing small spaces I'd go with the wider mower. The Woodmaxx rotor like many flails turn the same direction as the tractor tires so they should pick up the grass that the tractor pushed down, at least to some extent.

Keep in mind that flails don't mow well in reverse.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #12  
Unless you're mowing small spaces I'd go with the wider mower. The Woodmaxx rotor like many flails turn the same direction as the tractor tires so they should pick up the grass that the tractor pushed down, at least to some extent.

Keep in mind that flails don't mow well in reverse.
You are supposed to pick it up a little, when backing, then drop it and mow. Same thing with turning. Pick it up, make your turn, then drop it and continue mowing.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #13  
I'm a proud owner of a Woodmaxx FM-62 with Y grass knives on my BX2200 back in 2017. I've got at least 100 hours on it, no issues!

Actually I just changed the gearbox oil a few weeks ago. Still looked brand new.

I purchased it directly from Woodmaxx and picked it up myself on my flatbed. They are very nice people, veteran owned, and got me some free gear on my way out after chatting with them.

I just used it two weeks ago to mow my way overgrown lawn/field. Cut and striping is beyond excellent.

View attachment 802451

View attachment 802452

View attachment 802453
Thanks for the follow-up report. After 100 hrs and 6 years, that is a super valuable review. I was looking for some feedback on the Woodmaxx mowers before I go thru with the purchase, thanks for your input.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #14  
I just used it again today to mow down 2' grasses and 1/2" saplings in my other field. The BX2200 didn't even flinch.

I had it setup at a 1" cut height like you'd mow a lawn, because I left my top link set like that when I mowed my lawn with it three weeks ago... Didn't realize it until I turned around and saw how short I was cutting everything.

That's fine... because I won't have to mow it again till probably this fall.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #15  
When you want to mow 100 acres your choices are going to be the larger 8-10 foot
in mowing width flail mowers/crop shredders from DEL MORINO, MASCHIO or VRISIMO.
I have a 10' Maschio with hydraulic slide. If you get one of these you best have a grown up tractor to put it behind. They are heavy.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower
The Woodmaxx rotor like many flails turn the same direction as the tractor tires so they should pick up the grass that the tractor pushed down, ....

Actually, according to the WoodMaxx website, the rotor turns in the opposite direction of the tractor tires.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #18  
I have a 10' Maschio with hydraulic slide. If you get one of these you best have a grown up tractor to put it behind. They are heavy.

Just watched a maschio on YouTube, they had 80hp tractor. It was taking down 6 ft tall pine trees.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #19  
Actually, according to the WoodMaxx website, the rotor turns in the opposite direction of the tractor tires.

That’s why they need to be riding the ground, it cuts as grass is bent over, from what I’ve seen.

/ Which WoodMaxx Flail Mower #20  
You are supposed to pick it up a little, when backing, then drop it and mow. Same thing with turning. Pick it up, make your turn, then drop it and continue mowing.
Supposed to but I never do. Just skid it sideways a bit on the roller. 1050# on my 35hp machine….if I lifted it every time I turned that’s an incredible amount of wear and tear