White diesel smoke

/ White diesel smoke #1  

wilkija

Bronze Member
Tractor
Century 2535
Hi All,

Wanted to get some input before starting to work on this little annoyance more than anything. basically under load, like rough cutting my century 2535 smokes unburnt white diesel. I can smell it's diesel and not coolant or anything. My initial thought was to try and shim the injector timing. but that wouldn't just change, right? so now I'm thinking pull the injectors and hot tank/ultrasonic them to clean them up if that will work. this happens the whole time warm or cold it doesn't smoke on idle only while cutting at high RPM. what are your guys thoughts? thanks

/ White diesel smoke
Yes sir! I changed the filter not to long ago. problem stayed. I think I'm gong to start with some hot shots diesel cleaner. a heavy does and run it hard and long :) to see if it clears up any.

/ White diesel smoke #4  
That is a good first option. As has been said many times diesel engines like to run hard under an appropriate load. I have the same tractor and use it a lot, but I also add Diesel Kleen to my fuel. That seems to help keep the system clean. I only get white smoke on startup and then during cold weather. You may have a dirty injector as you suspect. Good Luck. W. Jones

/ White diesel smoke #5  
Same happened with my 826 International, was injector 2 and 6 cleaning worked for a season then had to replace all 6

/ White diesel smoke
thanks guys. just in case, anyone got any good leads on injectors? definatley don't want to pay 160 a piece. I'm sure there's another brand that fit's and works great. since mine are going on 20 years old might just replace them for the right price.

1681760429300.png

/ White diesel smoke
Quick update,
I used hot shots secret cleaner with a full tank of gas. started it and ran it hard with the mower. After about an hour the tractor stopped smoking. even stopped bogging down when turning hard left/right while running the mower. I even think it is running smoother. Not sure what all is in that but I would say it works pretty good. I used seafoam in a tank prior to this and I didn't notice any difference.