Who else likes rocks?

/ Who else likes rocks? #101  
A jack hammer, a jack hammer... That is the only way to dig post holes. Here in the Calyforny gold country, we gots lots of rocks. I'm telling ya, they mate and multiply like bunny rabbits!

For our post holes, about 25% can be dug with an auger. Another 25% auger and jack hammer. The rest, jack hammer... I use a 40lb Makita demo hammer and a generator. I used to borrow a buddies, and just recently got one for ourselves.

/ Who else likes rocks? #102  
You growing rocks?
I don't even have to seed. Just rototill and a new crop is ready for picking.

Egon

/ Who else likes rocks? #103  
Robert have you considered a rotary hammer? No, not the electric kind, the air kind. They go through rock like grass through a goose.

/ Who else likes rocks? #104  
Harv

Souunds interesting. What kind of air compressor are you taliking about to run the air hammer?

/ Who else likes rocks? #105  
Hey Dave I wished you lived closer Im an operator and get to work in Alabama alot. With counties such as Limestone county is known for its massive rock gardens. From my first job there in Colbert county i have a nicely formed rock sitting on the stump by the end of my drive way. I recently was given a some timber to cut with the understanding of i can have all the rocks i find. My dumptruck isnt liscends for Alabama so ill haul the m home on my gooseneck trailer. The county there told me i could have all the road side rock i want thes a nice 4 foot wide by 4 inch thick 5foot long flat rock they dug out the other day has a nice moss growth on it to.
after i put my rock up out here folks bought all my other ones for there garden. Ive struck up a deal with the power company and the tree services to let them dump all the chipped trees they want. and may start land scaping while im laid off. One day if i can get a picture i ll post a pic of my rock tongs i built to place and load rocks with my backhoe. Best Regaurds Taylor