Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #1  

TxMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
2020 Kubota MX5400 HST, ROPS, 2020 Kubota RTV 900, 2020 Kubota RTV 500(wifeç—´ ride),
Did you use Bolt On Hooks standard hook and clevis for your 1065? I have the round back standard bucket. Would like to have hook with clevis on corners and one of each in middle of bucket edge. Anyone have a different set up they like?

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #2  
The LA1065 is the loader, not the bucket. Your bucket should be the L2236 or L2296, I believe both of those are rounded.

Can’t help with hooks but I would probably keep them located between the arms just to reduce torque when lifting, probably wouldn’t make a difference it’s just what I would do for my feelz. The center one would probably get used the most for me. I use a EA grapple about 85% of the time and forks about 14% of the time so the 1% when I use the bucket it’s usually doing bucket tasks so I just haven’t justified adding hooks. But all that to say when I hook up a chain or strap it’s usually one point of lift and it’s usually in the center or over frame of the forks.

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #3  
I put bolt on hooks on my LA 1153 bucket. Down on the corner - each side. Made a bridle - goes hook to hook. For when I want to pull from the center. I haven't used the bucket since the grapple went on the FEL seven years ago. View attachment 683597

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #4  
Time was, I used my bucket to move my large Ponderosa pine log chunks. Each side - use the hooks and two short sections of chain to get the log attached and to keep the log firmly in the bucket. The grapple is so much easier.

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket
Correction, my bucket is a L2235. I don’t have it at my home location, and I have no photos that clearly show the top bar of the bucket where the hooks install.

I also have 48 inch forks and land Pride grapple, so it sounds like either of those may eliminate most needs for hooks??

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #6  
I did my hooks like this it works for me.... hook 1.jpg

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket
Peter 315, I like that attachment method, simple and sturdy. Thanks

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #8  
Cheap only $20.00 for both......hook 2.jpg

/ Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #9  
   / Who has installed Bolt On Hooks to their LA1065 bucket #10  
I prefer my method but I don't have a grapple to deal with.

IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0321.JPG

This way I can run the chain down the front of the bucket or the back. And I have a place to hang extra chain so it isn't getting caught up in things.