Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's?

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #1  

Teikas Dad

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
Now that Yanmar is selling their own CUT's under their name, are they still building the John Deere CUT's? If not, anyone know who is building them?

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #2  
Since when was yammer building john Deere tractors? I know they supply the engines on a few cut series tractors but not all of them

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #3  
I've been an equipment mechanic for 25 years, Yanmar was building and badging their own tractors at least that long. So I'm not sure where you are getting the "now that they are" part either.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #4  
My old 790 was all yanmar painted green. My new to me 4310 has a yanmar engine.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #5  
Since when was yammer building john Deere tractors? I know they supply the engines on a few cut series tractors but not all of them

Are you sure they just build the engines? My 2720's frame-mounted serial number tag indicates Yanmar as the manufacturer. I assumed JD would not build a 100% metric hardware tractor at one of their U.S. plants. :)

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #6  
How much more $green$ for the green paint:laughing: I have read that Agco builds / imports some models.

Dave

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #7  
How much more $green$ for the green paint? I have read that Agco builds / imports some models.

Dave

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #8  
I dont believe the JD or any other of the "USA brands" builds any of their small tractors and havent for a long time. I know folks will say that so and so brand has a factory somewhere in southern USA where they build ALL their xxx models, but in truth most of these so called factories just do final assembly at most and the parts are all made overseas by the lowest bidder. In many instances, they are contracted to build the entire tractor and paint it /badge it as JD, NH, MF, Case etc. Many times these rebadged tractors are more expensive than the parent tractor brand that may also be sold here with more standard features than the USA branded equivalent. Folks that buy the name still think they are getting a USA product but are actually paying mucho $$$ for just a dealership name which might be worthwhile to have in some instances. But in truth, if the original manufacturer goes under or decides to no longer support a particular model, parts etc for the rebranded tractor are not going to be available from JD, MF NH, etc. regardless of how good the dealer is.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #9  
Now that Yanmar is selling their own CUT's under their name, are they still building the John Deere CUT's? If not, anyone know who is building them?

Good morning. It isn't that cut and dry. What particular models / series are you wondering about?
In a nutshell - a few are made entirely by Yanmar. A few others are Deere with Yanmar engines, and last but not least some are all Deere with no Yanmar.
Yanmars marketing of their own badge pretty much has nothing to do with it.

As will be pointed out in this thread none of the Deere cuts are entirely made in the USA. Some are; however, entirely Deere just assembled in the USA with parts made in other Deere plants overseas or by contract from other factories in the US or overseas.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #10  
...In many instances, they are contracted to build the entire tractor and paint it /badge it as JD, NH, MF, Case etc. Many times these rebadged tractors are more expensive than the parent tractor brand that may also be sold here with more standard features than the USA branded equivalent. Folks that buy the name still think they are getting a USA product but are actually paying mucho $$$ for just a dealership name which might be worthwhile to have in some instances. But in truth, if the original manufacturer goes under or decides to no longer support a particular model, parts etc for the rebranded tractor are not going to be available from JD, MF NH, etc. regardless of how good the dealer is.

Other than the 2x20 Series, please tell me which JD CUTs / SubCUTs are built by someone else and "painted/badged" John Deere.

Have you been to any John Deere plants? Augusta, GA? Grovetown, GA? Fuquay-Varina, NC? Rock Hill, SC? Greeneville, TN? Horicon, WI?

I appreciate that you are happy with your LS but please do not put "information" out there when really it is just speculation on your part as to what really happens or does not happen at these plants. I have been through Augusta, Fuquay-Varina and Horicon, WI and they all actually build equipment. Are there sub-assemblies or parts that come in from different vendors and from other Deere plants? Absolutely. Does LS manufacture everything that went into your P-7010C? Hydraulic cylinders? Axles? Transmissions? Frames? Seats? Loader arms? Hydraulic pumps? Driveshafts? I have no idea which is why you don't see me speculating about it... OTOH, if LS decides it wants out of the CUT business or just out of the CUT business in North America, where will you be?

JD, NH, MF, C/IH have all used outside manufacturers through the years and parts are very available for many old machines. Are you really telling everyone that Yanmar, Shibura, Iseki, etc will go out of business OR decide not to support a particular model and they will all be up the creek? Why is that not the same for LS and Kioti and Bobcat and McCormick? Where is FarmTrac today? Montana?

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion - but please do not state them as fact when, in fact - you don't actually know.

Last edited: