Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #261  
Finally hitched up the Up Shot Inverted blower/
Greased everything, and checked tensioner and reset the rotator gear clearance.

Made a guide support for the chute deflector, so that the hydraulic lines stay clear of the gears when the chute is rotated.

Fun job used the MIG to weld a 3/8" bolt in tube and then turned the flat on my repowered lathe. Then welded a left over piece of my shortened QA springs from the 455 RX7 as an easy guide , (knew that spring end would come in handy for something how many times I almost threw it out).
Just need some black paint.
Next is an oil and Filter change.

ps. Really Like how heavy and well built this Wifo is, even if it isn't the newest style hybrid Inverted, If it works as well as last year there won't be any complaints.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_191927482.jpg
    PXL_20231118_191927482.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20231118_211024843.jpg
    PXL_20231118_211024843.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #262  
The state of MI does have some regulations concerning that. Don't ask me what they are!
They are pretty simple you cannot, its pretty universal, snowmobile only.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #263  
Who says? Seems its up to the particular trails width. We used them to ferry our UTV to the service shop. But doing that did not make it legal!
--------------------------------------------------------
Can you ride a side by side on snowmobile trails in Michigan?

In some cases, state motorized trails are dual use and open to both off-road vehicles and snowmobiles. Regulations vary from county to county as to whether ORVs can run on the side of county roads.Jan 23, 2022

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #264  
Who says? Seems its up to the particular trails width. We used them to ferry our UTV to the service shop. But doing that did not make it legal!
--------------------------------------------------------
Can you ride a side by side on snowmobile trails in Michigan?

In some cases, state motorized trails are dual use and open to both off-road vehicles and snowmobiles. Regulations vary from county to county as to whether ORVs can run on the side of county roads.Jan 23, 2022
I believe this means for summer used.. .Its a No in Minnesota, No in New York, No in Wisconsin, and no in Michigan... if they are called snowmobile trails the chances is it's no ... and that even go for snow bike. (dirt bike with ski and tracks) ho and no for all of Canada.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #265  
sounds like the only States track utv atv and snow bike are accepted on the trails is Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #266  
I believe this means for summer used.. .Its a No in Minnesota, No in New York, No in Wisconsin, and no in Michigan... if they are called snowmobile trails the chances is it's no ... and that even go for snow bike. (dirt bike with ski and tracks) ho and no for all of Canada.
Correct. I have checked with the DNR here in Minnesota and was shown the definition.

IMG_2044.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #267  

Attachments

• IMG_2895.png
    IMG_2895.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #268  
To be honest, we only use our machine for work for 95% of the time and do not utilize sled trails. The OP I responded to, I can not comment on and did not include state trail use.

Last edited:
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #269  
Around here if they predict any kind of snow event there is a run at the grocery stores. We have lived outside of town now for 26 years and the absolute worst storm was about 20 inches. The longest you couldn’t to town was maybe 2 days, probably less.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #270  
can you imagine showing up with one of these lol … hey it fit the definition
Skidoo made the elite sxs snowmobile model in the 70s- early 80s then tried again in the early 2000s they were wider and a lot heavier than conventional snowmobiles. Never had any desire to own one. ATVs rut up snowmobile trails and aren't the safest going at reasonable speeds on a winter trail imo.