Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #711  
I normally have 13 to 13.5 feet of snowfall by now but this year I currently have patches of grass showing and I have plowed 3 times all winter. Not because I had to, just kept trying to make a base in case it ever decided to stay.
As a child i'm 50 We use to see -40c now -30 max and alot more snow, Climate change is the tilt of the planet moving 14km a year, they taught us in school each 4000 years Florida is in Canada, and ice does not expand when it melts plus most is underwater, theses electric cars are stupid, GM and ford invested billions and looks like a big lose, plus we don't have enough electricity was the first equation they should of first looked into

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #712  
Meanwhile I have two snowmobiles under 5yrs old collecting dust haven't been out of my shop up there. occasionally look and dream of riding them. my base i plow at my cabin up north is all but gone, all main snowmobile trails have turned to mud. perhaps I'll have a fire sale on snow machines. 😡

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126-112726.png
    Screenshot_20240126-112726.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #713  
A farmer the other day from USA said first time no snow and clovers were starting to grow in, He was worried about it but I have no clue why

Albert said if we lose bees no humans in 4 years, he forgot that wind is a polinator aswell and bugs

To much money in weed killer to save the planet

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #714  
Id like to know what happen here,

Dubbed "the Year without a Winter," December-February of 1877-78 had an average temperature of 29 degrees F in the Twin Cities. A healthy margin of 2.1 degrees separates it from the next-warmest winter on record, 1930-31, which had an average temperature of 26.9 degrees.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #715  
I'll say it again Local business owners were excited not so much anymore, drove by car to a local bar and restaurant my dad and i were the only patrons off a main trail usually packed even on a Wednesday with snowmobilers. Local business owners are hurting if they eventually get enough snow the trails will be beat to death im sure they aren't grooming gravel and mud anymore even riding in an area for legal off trail riding a small six" stump will ruin your day and destroy a snowmobile cuz there's not enough snow to ride over them.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #716  
I'll say it again Local business owners were excited not so much anymore, drove by car to a local bar and restaurant my dad and i were the only patrons off a main trail usually packed even on a Wednesday with snowmobilers. Local business owners are hurting if they eventually get enough snow the trails will be beat to death im sure they aren't grooming gravel and mud anymore even riding in an area for legal off trail riding a small six" stump will ruin your day and destroy a snowmobile cuz there's not enough snow to ride over them.
Friend on a skidoo hit a moose last night and died, be careful out there

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #717  
I had 30” of snow on the ground 7 days ago. Less than 6” now. Going fast. 40°f today

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #718  
Shortest snow fall winter i can remember in last 30 years…..like 3 weeks of snow….very odd.

calling for low 40s daytime temps for next 10days.

IMG_6804.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #719  
I had 30” of snow on the ground 7 days ago. Less than 6” now. Going fast. 40°f today
That about the same as we had, and now have left today. :(

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #720  
Shortest snow fall winter i can remember in last 30 years…..like 3 weeks of snow….very odd.

calling for low 40s daytime temps for next 10days.

View attachment 848839
Yeah, I have 5-6 inches still in the woods, but my driveway is back to 95% gravel. Was pushing 50 yesterday. I have a couple inches in the forecast for next weekend but not holding my breath.