Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #851  
I removed all snow equipment, did paint touchup and stored them away. Brought out lawn mower, etc. spring is here. Was 65° last couple of days

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #852  
It was snowing softly here Monday morning. I looked out the window in the dark of the pre-dawn hour and could see the large flakes floating gently down to earth, settling on the grass, illuminated by bright beams of light coming from police cars as they led the handcuffed shirtless 25 year old across the yard and tossed him in the back seat. Had his pregnant girlfriend in cuffs, too, and put her in another car.

Kinda spoiled the scene. :rolleyes:

Snow melted off by noon. Supposed to be hard, killing freezes the next 3 nights, so will probably doom the fruit crops like, apples, peaches, plums, pears, grapes, etc... everything budded out early due to the mild winter, so now it will all get frozen off.

Hopefully, next winter will be more normal. ;)

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #853  
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #854  
I guess no one has an extra $20,000 for snowmobiles anymore.
Even the base model is $10,000+
not a spur of the moment purchase.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #855  
I guess no one has an extra $20,000 for snowmobiles anymore.
Even the base model is $10,000+
not a spur of the moment purchase.
Yikes! My first and only snowmobile was a Bombardier TNT440 in the early 80s, bought used. I think I paid $1000 and it came with a 2 place trailer, too.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #856  
The first "new" sled I bought was a 1970 Rupp 440 wide track at a $1,000; the last was a 2013 Ski-Doo renegade 800 at $13,000 and change and I won't get into the price comparison of new vehicles. Actually the first new sled was a 1969 Snow Squire at $750

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #857  
Snow machines cost $$$... If you'd like to reduce that price, buy a time machine. I'll we do is use work machines and they cost more yet. This costs about 45K.
1710938507602.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #858  
....1969 Snow Squire....
Named when the marketing department was still allowed to drink on the job.

IMG_3706.jpeg
A knight and his squire

Maybe someone should start a thread on old product names from the past?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #859  
As a bumper sticker I have tacked to my wall at cabin says "so many snowmobiles so little garage" First snowmobile I rode on frequently was my grandfather's ariens arrow 400, eventually backwoods repowered with a 440 first one I owned myself ( i was listed as owner on registration card after I completed snowmobile safety class) was a Yamaha SS 440 bought for me by my grandfather, with me contributing to him my tiny amount of savings, rode hard previously, cheap, and beat, but was pretty lightweight, reliable, and fun. If I could find either model or a Evinrude trailblazer with a wankel RC engine (last snowmobile I ever took him out riding on) I'd probably try and start a sentimental restoration project, cuz apparently I need to start more projects, 😂. Is that blue utility one a European manufactured Sherpa? 6+ inches predicted downstate Friday. Non existent seasons done, enough is enough with snow storms for me anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319-070225.png
    Screenshot_20240319-070225.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #860  
I removed all snow equipment, did paint touchup and stored them away. Brought out lawn mower, etc. spring is here. Was 65° last couple of days
Weather was perfect for that wasn't it! I swapped out the front blade for the bucket, and the 3 pt blower for the box blade. Greased all the points and pulled off the chains. Now we have snow in the forecast for this weekend! It won't last long though.