who like the 8n boomer tractor

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor
I have a 1948 ford 8n and a kubota l2050 with a kubota la450s loader

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #12  
"Not Jim but the LS built product is already out there. The Georgia built units have the Shibaura engine."

THANKS WRENCHGUY!! I have not seen any at the local New Holland Dealership yet!

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #13  
Ksshooter, here is a photo of the LS model I linked from another thread. As Wrenchguy said, it's the whole tractor. You can easily spot them by the gray cowling under the steering wheel and the solid wheels with only 6 lug bolts. The one in the picture is a Boomer 40. If it were a Shibaura it would be called the Boomer 3040. The loaders on these tractors are not made by LS. I believe NH is staying with Alo Quicke out of Canada for loader production. Also the new LS tractors have no cabs and no SuperSteer front axles.

232937d1318209765-new-boomer-series-tires-boomer-old-v2.jpg

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #14  
Jim, As always thanks for the infor and the pic. It looks like it uses a subframe for the loader and that would be good. In addition, it appears to have the fuel tank in the rear, behind the seat which I think I like better than under the hood. Six bolt wheels look a bit flimsy and the grey cowling does not look that nice to me. I agree with you, if you want one why not go straight to LS. You still get Blue!
Tom
Free ***$e$ Ranch

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #15  
Yes LS Tractors - Here in America. LS has a contract With New Holland that their dealers cannot sign onto LS but New Holland forgot to get an agreement that LS cannot put a dealer on top of a New Holland Dealer. LS from what I heard bought the Tarborough NC old LOng Tractor Plant and plans to shift production there with a new Distribution center being in Texas I think. Angsung builds a Loader for these and some other New Holland Tractors - Angsung is building them for LS but New Holland like was pointed out has a contract with Alo.. New Holland just bought out the company that made the CVT transmission so as far as parts goes - no word. Its a Shame as Shibraru made most of the tractors back to 1972 for Ford thru to New Holland but I believe their engines were licensed and designed in cooperation with Mitsubushi... I had a 1533 Shibaru same of the 1200 series Ford.

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #16  
Having lived through decades of tractor manufacturer consolidations this whole setup with LS leaves me feeling uneasy for New Holland small tractors. I recall when any dealer who sold Kubota--or any other line--could not have a NH delership when NH bouht out Ford. They lost a lot of dealers that way who stayed with Kubota.
I had a 1900 2wd and 2110 4wd that were great tractors but you could see the potential for problems so I shifted to Kubota. I hope these current moves prove wise for NH. Am I alone in feeling queezy about this?

/ who like the 8n boomer tractor #17  
It has alot of dealers feeling uneasy and with the Internet World Customers can search and find posts like this or even the NEw Holland Press Releases - Consolidation and cooperation can be good but can also kill customer loyatly to a brand. From what I have seen of these tractors they are well built and high quality... Hyundai is somewhat an owner of LS so that speaks volumes to me - After buying a Hyundai Sonata in 2007 I can not complain - also recently General Motors has entered an agreement with Hyundai - they didn't renew it with Toyota after 2005 and look at the quality of going it alone with chinese made parts and components. Atleast Hyundai is bringin jobs back to the US while the big three are exporting - maybe why GM is doing this deal I can see it coming "Made in the US" LOL!!! Everytime a supplier to these manufacturer's expand their operations the Manufacturer's take credit to add to their stock value - there is a plant in Punta India that build components for three major players in AG that announced a 10 million dollar expansion to their plant - in a week all three of these (un-named) AG brands claimed they too did the same valued expansion... Global Economy LOL!!!