Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor?

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #21  
I love rocking out to the oldies when mowing... whatever your listening device preference is choose high audio quality, pay once and enjoy. The Bose headphones are nearing 10 yrs old. Impeccable sound, fit and finish. I recommend them to anyone seeking good ear protection and communication.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #22  
Apple air pods pro with noise cancellation for me..
add memory foam tips, and the noise blocking is perfect
You can still hear the tractor running, and could tell if there was an issue. But it is muffled enough to be hearing safe.
They actually can display the decibel levels, so you can see how loud something is to your ears
And the sound is better than factory cab speakers on tractors or UTVs
So, I've always wondered. I'm an engineer, have taken all the classic Controls Systems coursework, and understand under-, critically-, and over-damped systems. What I wonder is exactly what these things subject your ears to, in their effort to cancel loud impulse sounds. A gunshot, a hammer blow, or even the repetitive cycle of an internal combustion engine, all of these most create predictable leading and trailing edge effects, with regard to the response of any active noise cancellation system.

The trouble is, while we engineers can easily measure and demonstrate the instantaneous sound intensity to which your ears are being subjected at the leading and trailing edges of a sound pressure wave created by a gun shot, no two doctors can seem to agree on its physiological effects.

In the end, I'd favor blocking over cancellation, all day every day. It's not inconceivable that someday we find that noise cancelling headphones do not protect the ears in nearly the way it is assumed they do.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #23  
I've had my 3039R for a year now and turned the radio on once. There's a lot of other interesting things grabbing my attention while tractoring.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #24  
My Branson has a Kenwood Stereo in from the factory, it works but I have contemplated changing it out.
I like a radio with the Weather Band built in and Bluetooth, the Magnums on the farm have the weather band and it automatically interrupts with any weather alerts. They don't have the Bluetooth though. My NH the radio is broke. One of these days I'll likely replace it.

I have one of these Jensen Heavy Duty receivers with bluetooth and weatherband installed in 3 of my 4x4 vehicles. They are expensive, but no problems with them in 15 years now and I see the exact same model is still available: Jensen Heavy Duty JHD1635BT

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #25  
I have 2 JBL sound bars - they would work good in a cab environment too.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #26  
I get to listen to all the oldies in the car is more than enough
music for me. I don't think that I have spent 4 hours at one
time using the tractor and then I am not always in the tractor
have to get out to more things etc.

willy

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor?
Well, I just completed the upgrade of the stereo in my Kioti DK4210SE Cab. The upgrade consisted of a new, Kioti-compatible, bluetooth (&USB stick) head unit a small powered subwoofer, upgraded speakers... AND SPEAKER WIRING. I cap that because I discovered the Kioti uses some kind of choke/filter between the head unit and the speakers. So, if you toss out the absolutely junk 4" OEM speakers and replace them with something decent, you should run a new set of wires from the head unit to the speakers. Mind you, this is a pretty simple task as everything is up in the headliner - but just know that you should do that.

The upgraded speakers were, in my opinion, the best bang for the buck. I had to replace the head unit because mine was defective... but if you're looking for just one relatively low cost upgrade, I would recommend the speakers. They are also the easiest item to replace. I think the aforementioned choke/filter between the head unit and speakers is there to filter out lower frequencies because the OEM speakers can't handle them anyway. So, if you upgrade the speakers, go ahead and run new wires from the head unit to the speakers. (Note that I have a recent model Kioti and this was the case but your tractor could very well be different.)

The subwoofer is also very nice and it really rounds out the sound. The Kenwood model that I purchased (link below) has a wired remote that lets you adjust the "volume" of the sub and also the frequency range. I really like it a lot and now the in-cab sound system is very, very reasonable.

My equipment as follows:

Kenwood KSC-SW11 Subwoofer

Kicker 4" Speakers

New Head Unit

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #28  
Glad it worked out. I may add the subwoofer to mine one day. Would be nice to get more bass at low level listening.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #29  
I get to listen to all the oldies in the car is more than enough
music for me. I don't think that I have spent 4 hours at one
time using the tractor and then I am not always in the tractor
have to get out to more things etc.

willy
Never turned on the radio in my Focus RS since I bought it, never used the CD either. Came with XM and I let that expire too.

Only time I listen to the radio in the tractor is going from field to field on the road. Once in the field, the radio is off. I need to pay attention to what is transpiring out back.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #30  
TYM with factory radio and speakers. It's on all the time.
New speakers would probably make a major improvement.
Curious about the subwoofer.
I put a radio in my Kubota but I rarely turn it on. Those factory speakers are so tinny, it sounds like crap. It's okay to listen to Rural Radio on Sirius though. Just music sucks with no bass.