Rotary Cutter Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters?

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters? #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Who makes 52-54\" rotary cutters?

Parent's made an offer on a farm in Maine. Might need rotary cutter soon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif & trailer.

I figure 5' is too big for my TC18. Wondering who makes a 4 & 1/2 besides midwest. Or maybe I'm better off with 4' even

Big Picture...

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters? #2  
Re: Who makes 52-54\" rotary cutters?

Most cost effective would be 48"... and that's pushing it for the TC18... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters? #3  

Hey John Miller,

A semi-related question--do you think I should attempt to sharpen my own rotary cutter blades with a grinder, or is it something best left to the experts?

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters?

John,

Thanks for fixing the picture, when I viewed it after posting, i realized it was too big. But then my computer crashed before I could edit it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif just got it up and running again.

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters? #5  

<font color="blue">...should attempt to sharpen my own rotary cutter blades ... </font>

Hi Jonathan,

When you have about three or four hundred hours on those blades... let me know and I'll tell ya... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Most of the replacement blades are dirt cheap today...

With some experience, I'd sharpen them, but like sharpening a "lawn mower blade"... if you do it "wrong" and the blade is not balanced... dangerous vibration begins which leads to other troubles...

You'd be surprised how long rotary cutter blades really last... as long as you keep them out of the ground... dirt destroys them quickly... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Who makes 52-54" rotary cutters? #6  

Hazmat I used a 48 inch woods on my B7100 Kubota 16 engine hp and 13 PTO hp. Did a fine job with no problems ever. I kept this unit for my BX2200 but have decided to sell it bacause I'm not using this unit for commercial duty. It has been used 7 times and I love it. So look at the woods units they seem to be very nice. I have a friend that has a 4' Howse unit and he loves it. Another friend has a BushHog unit squealer 48" and he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Go with the 48 you shouldn't have a problem. Bigguy