Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,871  
I was thinking of you, reading desert's post.....

.... Do you consider 100k miles as even Broken-In ? :cool:

Rgds, D.
Oh sure it’s broke in at 100,000 miles but usually many many more trouble free miles left.
Lots of folks wouldn’t even consider buying a motorcycle with 100,000 miles on it, I probably wouldn’t ether because there are plenty of low miles ones available reasonably priced.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,872  
Anytime I think my engines are working hard for their oil changes (not), I'll remind myself of this video.

Rgds, D.
Wow, not sure that was designed to do that. I'm seeing broken bones in the forecast.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,873  
:)

Attachments

• KIMG5027.jpg
    KIMG5027.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • KIMG5071.jpg
    KIMG5071.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,874  
So if you are a Yamaha expert, tell me what model Yamaha this is? Think it was 600cc?
View attachment 859012
I don't recall the displacement of that Yamaha version but it was a fine ride in the day. I have the Suzuki version (Burgman 650) and any of those maxi-scooters were a great ride. More than capable to tour with and excellent to use as a town bike or a commuter bike.

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,876  
Can't get the wife to ride on back any more. This has created a contention in our relationship.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,877  
My wife on her CRF 110. Hope this counts lol.

Attachments

• cm1.jpg
    cm1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,878  
Met a young man that had just bought his first motorcycle, at the DMV the other day. We were the only two people there at 1pm. I noticed his bike in the lot, a brand new bike.... a 250 Honda dual-purpose type. He was there to get his endorsement and new license photo.

We were both waiting for our photos.

We got to conversation and I was overwhelmed how enthusiastic he was about the back roads of Oregon.

It was like looking at myself 40 years ago. And I nearly cried thinking about the beautiful life changing adventures that were before him. My head just flooded with all the extraordinary experiences, I had had exploring the back roads of this State and other places.

I can't even express the reflected joy I felt over what he was going to see and experience.
🙂

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,879  
Met a young man that had just bought his first motorcycle, at the DMV the other day. We were the only two people there at 1pm. I noticed his bike in the lot, a brand new bike.... a 250 Honda dual-purpose type. He was there to get his endorsement and new license photo.

We were both waiting for our photos.

We got to conversation and I was overwhelmed how enthusiastic he was about the back roads of Oregon.

It was like looking at myself 40 years ago. And I nearly cried thinking about the beautiful life changing adventures that were before him. My head just flooded with all the extraordinary experiences, I had had exploring the back roads of this State and other places.

I can't even express the reflected joy I felt over what he was going to see and experience.
🙂
I still dream of dual purpose rides. I've ridden the continental divide in Colorado between Crested Butte and Aspen. Made it up to Pearl Pass. Also taken same bike down below Monterrey Mexico to Horsetail Falls and deep into the mountains there drinking my fare share of Coronas....

A friend of a friend bought the new 250 or 300 kawi, and said it struggles to get to 80-85mph. Not sure if he was bucking a wind or what?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,880  
I've been riding since I was 16... I'm 55 now. My first bike was a 1981 Yamaha 550 Maxim. I rode the wheels off that bike. But my first NEW bike I bought was a 1987 Honda VFR750R, and I was hooked. That is what got me into track days, even way back then. I never got into riding MX or Dirt Bikes as a kid, and stayed on sport bikes until 2013. I bought my very first BMW R1200GS Adventure, and never looked back. I put over 130k miles on that bike, and sold it to buy my 2019 BMW R1250GS Adventure. Now that I live in SC, I have REALLY embraced the "Adventure" riding lifestyle.. My wife also has her own bike... a 2019 BMW F750GS. We ride together, every chance we get. I like to say, our adventure begins where the blacktop ends!

I'm looking at buying a Honda CRF300L Rally now... a nice lighter trail bike, so I'm not throwing around my big GS Adventure!

We both took the BMW two day Off Road Rider's Course up in Greer, SC at the BMW Rider's Academy and that gave us the skills and confidence to really tap into the "Adventure" side.

My Scoot.jpeg

Last edited: