• IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG4573.jpg
    KIMG4573.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 83
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,372  
IMG_0021.JPG

In addition to my 2013 Ducati, I also have this "Chonda".....Chinese Honda.......it is my runaround bike 2017 Hawk 250 (229cc) I've got shipped in a crate to my home for $1200. Got 3k miles on it now....great runaround dual sport bike......tops out at 65Mph.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,373  
View attachment 697874
In addition to my 2013 Ducati, I also have this "Chonda".....Chinese Honda.......it is my runaround bike 2017 Hawk 250 (229cc) I've got shipped in a crate to my home for $1200. Got 3k miles on it now....great runaround dual sport bike......tops out at 65Mph.
I've always wondered about the Chondas. A 229cc bike should do better than 65mph. As long as you enjoy it, and it gets you back home, that's what matters.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,374  
They are based upon a Honda CG125cc design meant for 3rd World countries that gets little to no maintenance. They have one cam lobe and are pushrod engines. That's why they aren't very fast, but torquey. 16Hp at best.....but good runaround bike.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,375  
They are based upon a Honda CG125cc design meant for 3rd World countries that gets little to no maintenance. They have one cam lobe and are pushrod engines. That's why they aren't very fast, but torquey. 16Hp at best.....but good runaround bike.
Was the Hawk street-legal (once assembled) out of the box, or did you have to add any parts ?

Even if a ton of money fell into my lap, that kind of simplicity would still have my attention....

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,376  
I looked up the Pakistani version, still less than $1000 US dollars. Some of the price increase due to emissions, for which they modernized the engine.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,377  
Was the Hawk street-legal (once assembled) out of the box, or did you have to add any parts ?

Even if a ton of money fell into my lap, that kind of simplicity would still have my attention....

Rgds, D.
In Montana I registred it without any problems, I just made sure the dealer put down "motorcycle" on the MCO. Then I had I had no problem registering it for street use. I added some better chain and sprockets of Amazon (17t front) vs 15t stock, and a Mikuni VM26 carb, as the stock one is sealed off for any rejetting. Got some jets for 3000 feet and it runs like a scolded ape.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,378  
In Montana I registred it without any problems, I just made sure the dealer put down "motorcycle" on the MCO. Then I had I had no problem registering it for street use. I added some better chain and sprockets of Amazon (17t front) vs 15t stock, and a Mikuni VM26 carb, as the stock one is sealed off for any rejetting. Got some jets for 3000 feet and it runs like a scolded ape.
Thanks for the 411.

Montana (y). I think it was somewhere on TBN, a guy posted "I'm old enough that I remember Montana having way more Laws about horses, than cars."

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,379  
My Paternal Grandmother was born during Reconstruction. She'd be 148 today. I bet she'd remember some things, Monroe county Indians in poverty begging at the door for hot coffee in Winter ("me sick"), no paved roads, no cars or motor bikes, birthing kids at home. Is our future all about hip-hop music, ape-hanger bars, and annoyingly loud exhaust. (trucks included)

I'm puzzled that so many millennial bikes look like Japanese anime hairdos. IMO, vehicles are tools and props to Prokop for having such a well-equipped toolbox. There is nothing meaningful in suggesting they're outdated tech. (ex: carbs & jetting for exhaust mods aren't rocket science) I've never owned a bike like any of his (more than two cyls, excess power) but I would in a minute. It's all about the ride and I wish I had more places to go.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,380  
At the Snake in Tenn.

Attachments

• PXL_20210616_173715897.jpg
    PXL_20210616_173715897.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 72