Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,561  
Did the ride to Tuktoyaktuk Northwest Territory’s, 26 days 9,352 miles round trip , 1200 miles on gravel roads, 3 rear flat tires that we managed to plug, it was a great trip but I’m very glad to be home again.
View attachment 755163
I'll bet your bikes were glad to be home. My former boss and his wife went up there 2 up, on a new Yamaha 700 Tenere. They had problems with slipping and sliding almost wiping out often. And he's a top tier rider, road racer, enduro, since he was a kid.

Now they are just leaving the Artic circle over in Norway on another 700 Tenere, 2 up. Says the roads are better over there. Weather can go to heck in a few minutes.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,562  
I'll bet your bikes were glad to be home. My former boss and his wife went up there 2 up, on a new Yamaha 700 Tenere. They had problems with slipping and sliding almost wiping out often. And he's a top tier rider, road racer, enduro, since he was a kid.

Now they are just leaving the Artic circle over in Norway on another 700 Tenere, 2 up. Says the roads are better over there. Weather can go to heck in a few minutes.
The roads are definitely not easy to ride, several times I thought I was going down but luckily never did. Lots of folks aren’t so lucky. Quite a few folks crash up there and wind up flying home. Experience helps but plenty of very experienced riders have crashed up there.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,563  
Wife and I went out for a "check of the town". We have over 100 miles of roads in town, only about 25 miles are paved.

Back roads are a pleasure. Summer evening rides are just fine.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,564  
Did the ride to Tuktoyaktuk Northwest Territory’s, 26 days 9,352 miles round trip , 1200 miles on gravel roads, 3 rear flat tires that we managed to plug, it was a great trip but I’m very glad to be home again.
View attachment 755163

Wow! That is hard core. I don't know if I could do it, but I know I would get a bad attitude part way through.

You must still be in pretty good health.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,565  
I picked up this 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom last week. It seems to be in pretty nice condition with 3,400 miles and included the factory windshield, color matched bags, and seat grab rail. Original tires have plenty of tread but being 9 years old I ordered a new pair which just arrived today. I've only ridden it 150 miles but it's quite comfortable, smooth as glass, and has cruise and heated grips so it'll make a nice tourer, and it's something a little different.
When I have it on the lift to change tires I'll change the brake fluid (which is probably original) and engine oil so it should be good to go.

That is a beautiful bike. I've always wondered about the heat on a Moto Guzzi coming off the heads right onto your knees, in the summer?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,566  
IMG_20220711_124008810.jpg

This guy actually rides this thing almost every day....

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,567  
Thank you blacktruck. Get one, at $13K new including luggage, cruise, tubeless wheels (2021+) shaft drive, etc. they're a pretty good value. I have other motorcycles but this one just seems to be the one I ride most of the time.
Yep, completely understand. I have a few bikes to choose from but tend to find just a couple that really appeal to me all the time. I rode a V85 at the dealership a few years ago and really liked the lower weight and seemed to be plenty of power. Yes, as I get older the idea of a lighter bike does appeal to me more every day. All that and you can't discount Italian styling. Yea, I want one.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,568  
I've been out of the loop on this site for quite some time... about a year. Lots to catch up on.
As to riding, I put about 8k miles on my '03 Suzuki Intruder VL1500LC last summer... riding to work every chance I got, and several trips with the wife from the northern Ohio river valley into Kentucky and southern Ohio to look at property. Finally found something that works near Lucasville, Ohio in the fall, and started the moving process early this spring. Needless to say, the bike has sat this year, racking up only about 600 miles. But the last load moved this past weekend, we are finally totally out of the old property, and there will be time for bike rides again. Alas, a new location brings a new job, this one with a company truck. Great benefit, not having to pay for my own fuel to get to work, but no more riding the bike to work either.
Be safe out there, ride on!