Who want to chat about plasma cutters?

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #2  
I have the Hobart 14ci and it works well. I would have liked a larger one but $$ this one cuts 1/4steel if you go slow with it. It's still much faster than cutoff wheels and way clean and less stinky in the shop. Anything less that 1/4 is nice and fast.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #3  
I have one of these 3 in 1 units, works very well.

Here is just a plasma cutter,

The Lotus is also good as far as reviews.... I have no experience with them.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters?
Fixastuff, I didn't find anything on 14ci on google. Saw a 12ci, same thing different name? They're pricy tho, right?

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters?
I have one of these 3 in 1 units, works very well.

Here is just a plasma cutter,

The Lotus is also good as far as reviews.... I have no experience with them.
I already got a stick welder, but yeh your second link, people seem happy with it per the reviews. $100 less than the Lotus, and comes with consumables, that's nice.

I'm new to plasma cutters. The Lotus has a non touch pilot arc, seems like a good feature to have. What do you guys think?

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #6  
Lotos
I had one of the first generation machines. The power supply worked well, the consumables - not so much. I ended up using it as a trade in for a much better machine.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #7  
Not sure on these smaller units. I have a hypertherm 1000. Had it for about 10 years. Expensive (like 4 grand as i recall) heavy, very dependable.

consumables aren't cheap though.
i wouldnt mind a cheaper, light and small unit for using around the farm. But these things require shop air, so unless it has a built in compressor, i guess im out of luck.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #9  
Ive been looking at Everlast plasma cutters. They can be used for a plasma table should I want to do that some day.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #10  
The dryer the air, the longer the consumables last.

I bought a primeweld plasma cutter earlier this year. They seem to get good reviews.

Only thing I would say is to factor in adding a drier to your air compressor and think about the surface you're going to be using to make cuts. Plasma cutting is a lot hotter process than I was expecting.