Whoops !

/ Whoops ! #11  
OK, the 2120's FEL is toast. If the cab isn't crunched and the engine didn't run away, .. I see a save there.

btw, IMHO .. :rolleyes: .. 20-series Ford/NH Shibauras are akin to 'blue Kubotas'. ;) BTDT, .. still there .. and newer M-Fs are, Shibauras, too. :)

/ Whoops ! #13  
Groundcover,
I like your first quote and think something similar when I see the one how a man should be able to do this, that, and the other, plus deliver a baby.

/ Whoops ! #14  
Thanks, I often tell people that are trying to do a project that is a little too ambitious that “ sometimes the best tool is a telephone !”

/ Whoops ! #15  
I think sometimes we tend to forget that farm equipment and construction equipment are just that, and that they were never meant to be driven like a Cadillac. I recall driving one of the little Ford tractors something like 10 miles; it didn't go fast enough, so I attached a wire and opened up the governor. Being young and ignorant, I didn't think about what might happen if I hit a hole or some such at a speed it wasn't designed to go.

I also recall a young fellow roading a combine; wide open, of course. He crossed a bridge, hit a section of washboard at the end of the bridge; the small rear guide wheels jumped up and down, he lost control, and it ended up in the middle of the field upside down. Washboards are scary; I know from experience it's hard to steer when your wheels are off the ground, even in a car. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but every time I got on a tractor, I expected it to try to bite me sooner or later. I'm just glad the old U M&M had a had clutch; it saved me from getting bucked off a time or two.

/ Whoops ! #16  
:shocked: Massey Ferguson RIP :duh:

/ Whoops ! #17  
Lets see em?

That one was the result of having a 4 year old kid riding with you in the cab and traveling down the road in high gear and the kid operating the FEL controls.

/ Whoops ! #18  
That one was the result of having a 4 year old kid riding with you in the cab and traveling down the road in high gear and the kid operating the FEL controls.
I started locking the loader control after my kid did a pull up on the lever

/ Whoops ! #19  
I started locking the loader control after my kid did a pull up on the lever

This ^^^. :thumbsup: Sure beats handcuffing your progeny when you have them onboard. :D

IMO, the buddy seat is an invitation to distraction, depending on the age, attention, or demeanor of the youngster in question.

When they're old enough to trigger the seat switch, they oughta be 'big enough' to learn to drive a tractor. :rolleyes: