Why buy a Deere CUT?

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #101  
As with most things, things were built better back in the day. Less plastic and more metal. However, more rust also. I think most folks doing any kind of logging aren't going to buy a 3032E. However, I have had mine for 8 years and have no issue with the plastic stuff. Nothing has broke. Tractor looks and works as it did when new. I don't need a brake for each wheel, I don't need a lot of things that some people seem is necessary. But for general work, loader, brush hogging, driveway maintenance, it's more tractor than most will ever need. And the hydrostat is fantastic with the 2 pedals, hate the single pedal hydro's.
Glad you like yours.
When I went to get another tractor, I went back to JD,
I forget the model number but it was one bigger than 3032 (3720?). Anyway, this beautiful JD 750 I had with no rust whatsoever and waxed on a yearly basis, they were giving me "dirt" for toward the trade. I'm looking at the new tractor I wanted to buy while they're deciding how to steal my trade, and low and behold I discovered a plethora of things that totally turned me off.
If they reduced the price by about 4 grand, I felt it more commiserate to what i was looking at. Instead, the price went the other way. I felt like a "sucker" to buy this thing considering what I was coming from that had the JD name on it.
Ticked me off some to discover an otherwise formerly fine product, to what I considered a degradation because of a pencil pusher.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #102  
Haven't read all the posts but wondering if HST convertible (or optional) between pedals and treadle would be a selling point.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #103  
...s, they were giving me "dirt" for toward the trade. I'm looking at the new tractor I wanted to buy while they're deciding how to steal my trade, and low and behold I discovered a plethora of things that totally turned me off.
If they reduced the price by about 4 grand, I felt it more commiserate to what i was looking at. Instead, the price went the other way. I felt like a "sucker" to buy this thing considering what I was coming from that had the JD name on it.

Arrow .. Depending on the dealer and the local market... trade-in value is either good or bad for the customer. Great if the dealer thinks he can sell your old machine for a good price. Bad if the local market demand for your old machine is poor or the dealer is full of inventory. Just like the used car market currently.. One usually gets a better price by selling privately. Dealer has to get some profit for his trouble and expense.

I got a killer deal on a Deere tractor because dealer's market wants cabs and I wanted an open station. So, my used open station was thousands less than the same tractor 50 miles away. Even two years later, I see my exact tractor selling for much more than I paid. Market conditions rule not brand name.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #104  
Haven't read all the posts but wondering if HST convertible (or optional) between pedals and treadle would be a selling point.
Just my opinion... But I think Not. One gets used to a certain style of operation. Once purchased, the machine operation is what it is.

In my case, joint flexibility is definitely progressing down with age. A treadle does me no good.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #105  
Glad you like yours.
When I went to get another tractor, I went back to JD,
I forget the model number but it was one bigger than 3032 (3720?). Anyway, this beautiful JD 750 I had with no rust whatsoever and waxed on a yearly basis, they were giving me "dirt" for toward the trade. I'm looking at the new tractor I wanted to buy while they're deciding how to steal my trade, and low and behold I discovered a plethora of things that totally turned me off.
Ticked me off some to discover an otherwise formerly fine product, to what I considered a degradation because of a pencil pusher.

The JD750 has the same engine as my YM2610. And as hosspuller said, joint flexibility with age is an issue. So, my JD750 like machine has the PowerShift, nearly an automatic and my knees love me for it. :)

Now, if your JD was the JD770, the PowerShift would be there and your knees world love you for it too.

Since you have the Mahindra 3016 (aka Mitsubishi), you have the PowerShift now. Nice. :)

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #106  
Just my opinion... But I think Not. One gets used to a certain style of operation. Once purchased, the machine operation is what it is.

In my case, joint flexibility is definitely progressing down with age. A treadle does me no good.
What I'm asking is, if a customer has become used to one or the other, wouldn't it be to the manufacturers advantage to offer him either? Some folks insist on the dual pedals while others insist on the treadle.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #107  
Npalen: While bells and whistles are nice, features add to the cost. The difference between a treadle and dual pedals is not insignificant. Consider does the machine have both systems? Where does the dual pedals fit when the treadle is on the floor. Add to that, the physical linkages. If the control is purely electronic, the physical location of the pedals is still a problem. If there is a change part system to overcome the space constraints, does the additional part cost extra ?

Some excavators and backhoes offer the ability to switch control modes to accommodate different operators. But the physical controls don't change only what function the handle controls. These very high cost machines might have different operators over a shift. And the operators have honed their skill using a certain mode. It behooved the manufacturer to build in the change since the machine is operated by multiple people.

I don't think the majority of CUT purchasers will pay for it. I would not. Does the manufacturer take that risk? Nope.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #108  
Arrow .. Depending on the dealer and the local market... trade-in value is either good or bad for the customer. Great if the dealer thinks he can sell your old machine for a good price. Bad if the local market demand for your old machine is poor or the dealer is full of inventory. Just like the used car market currently.. One usually gets a better price by selling privately. Dealer has to get some profit for his trouble and expense.

I got a killer deal on a Deere tractor because dealer's market wants cabs and I wanted an open station. So, my used open station was thousands less than the same tractor 50 miles away. Even two years later, I see my exact tractor selling for much more than I paid. Market conditions rule not brand name.
I used to sell Dodge trucks so I know all you are talking about.
I also know when the wool is being attempted for eye cover and it was THAT the JD dealer was choosing to do.

Glad you fell in the clover with your machine.
I did as well as hydro was becoming all the rage and mine, as a stick shift, was the lonesome dove on the tractor lot...
I now have a part time job at this dealership selling, setting up and assembling all kinds of power equipment and delivering.
Can't call it work cuz it's too much fun.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #109  
What I'm asking is, if a customer has become used to one or the other, wouldn't it be to the manufacturers advantage to offer him either? Some folks insist on the dual pedals while others insist on the treadle.
I wasn't used to either because my 3032E was my first tractor. While test driving several, Mahindra, LS, Kubota, Kioti and a few other's, I preferred the dual pedals instead of the treadle/rocker single pedal. Now on another note, I got a screamin good deal on my 3032E. I bought my whole rig in 2014 with loader, bush hog, rear blade, and I-Match delivered for $21K. No one with a comparable tractor could touch that price. My selling dealer was opening up a new dealership in a new town and had this package on sale. Everyone else was $3k higher and up. If another brand would have been cheaper with the treadle set up I'm sure I would have gotten used to it. However, I have nothing bad to say about my JD, it has been a fantastic machine.

/ Why buy a Deere CUT? #110  
It's interesting how most here who are against Deere are against the dealers attitude. Not so much against the tractors themselves.

When I bought my first cut (a 955 JD) it was the John Deere salesman who found the tractor and actually took me to go and see it. It was a private sale so they made no commission on it. I bought a 420 fel and a 550 rototiller from that same salesman (who incidentally is my brother).

Several years later I was looking to upgrade and there was no question in my mind as to where to go and purchase a tractor. I also didn't do any shopping around. I was given a fair price for my trade and the purchase price was also reasonable enough I thought. And honestly I wouldn't have been happy with anything other than a Deere anyways. My only slight regret is that If I'd have waited about 6 month's to trade I could have been into a 3520 instead of a 4410. And if that really bugged me I could just go and trade for a 3520. I'm not really interested in the newer ones with the emissions headaches.