Why did I buy this thing?

/ Why did I buy this thing? #41  
Who checks the engine oil every day on their privately owned cars, or tractors?
Mahindra owners?
I do on both my Kubota's when I'm working them in the field.... every day in the morning before I start them. Transmission fluid too but then Kubota makes that easy. Dipsticks are out in the open. Check the tires too.

Always said that when the newness wears off, just because it was cheaper don't make it good.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #42  
I do on both my Kubota's when I'm working them in the field.... every day in the morning before I start them. Transmission fluid too but then Kubota makes that easy. Dipsticks are out in the open. Check the tires too.

Always said that when the newness wears off, just because it was cheaper don't make it good.
Kubota is one of the top 2 not one of the cheaper ones. Around here they are as much as a John Deere. Basically anything but the top 2 is just older technology for the most part. A little lower quality but not much. I just felt it was worth a little more for newer technology. It's not much more at least Around here. I looked at all of them. The only one I wouldn't buy is Mahindra. It really is a step below the other lower priced brands. I only had to look it over and drive it a few minutes to know it was out.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #43  
Be apprised that the prices quoted on the Kubota website (Build my Kubota) and the actual dealer pricing are 2 different things. Far as technology is concerned, I don't want 'new ' technology. I want old school direct injection technology with no after treatment which is why I'll never buy anything T4 compliant. if anything, my T3 tractors are increasing in value every day as people realize T4 units are troublesome.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #44  
Be apprised that the prices quoted on the Kubota website (Build my Kubota) and the actual dealer pricing are 2 different things. Far as technology is concerned, I don't want 'new ' technology. I want old school direct injection technology with no after treatment which is why I'll never buy anything T4 compliant. if anything, my T3 tractors are increasing in value every day as people realize T4 units are troublesome.
I know but around here I shopped both and there was very little difference between the 2. I agree on the tier 4. Otherwise I would have a 2032R. But I don't want the emissions or the electronic engine controls. Especially on a tractor.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #45  
Not at all impressed with small to mid sized JD's, especially their I-match attachment system.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #46  
Not at all impressed with small to mid sized JD's, especially their I-match attachment system.

The I-Match is just a 3 point quick hitch system. No different from others except being higher priced than some. If you are talking about the loader quick attach, I think it's hands down the best for a lightweight CUT.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #47  
I haven't yet changed the oil filter. Indeed, I paid north of $900 to have the dealer do it (and other things) last fall for its 50-hour heck. That's almost as much as I paid the same dealer rehabilitate my IH/Bison tractor after more than thirty years of rough service, the only repair work I ever had done on it.

It's VERY difficult for me even to FIND the hole for the dipstick. I doubt I could get a wrench around the filter. I'd post a photo here except that the filter and dipstick are almost impossible to SEE. (On the good side, Mahindra or their American assembler did indeed put a splash of paint on the dipstick finger loop.)

I wouldn't be surprised if a Kubota was likewise difficult to work on. Mahindra Baba after all has a Yamaha engine. Making tractors PRETTY was a very bad mistake.

Thanks for letting me vent. I didn't mention the fact that what prompted me to go into Baba's innards was a lot of diesel fuel on the garage floor. It appears to come from the fuel filter. But where is the g-d shut-off valve? I absolutely cannot put my finger on it! And if I can't put my finger on it, I can't turn it off....
I am seeing opportunity for patent here developing a oil sensing dipstick in a non running state. As we all know when motor is running sump can pull down oil or splash on it. If checking motor in a cool down state it might me helpful to the dipsticks that un reachable, which we know most are.

/ Why did I buy this thing? #48  
I am seeing opportunity for patent here developing a oil sensing dipstick in a non running state. As we all know when motor is running sump can pull down oil or splash on it. If checking motor in a cool down state it might me helpful to the dipsticks that un reachable, which we know most are.
Wouldn't be suprised if something like that didn't exist. They have capacitive fuel level senders, so can't be hard. This one even says 'oil', though probably fuel oil: CENTROID PRODUCTS - Electronic Fuel and Water Senders

/ Why did I buy this thing? #49  
   / Why did I buy this thing? #50  
I don’t see it as big deal. I lift the hood up. Tilt dide panel out a touch and reach the dipstick. Only issue I’ve had with the 2816hst so far is one or two two of the grease nipples on the loader ( made by some other company) are just under the end fittings on a few hydraulic hoses making it near impossible to put the grease gun on it. I just got 45 grease zeros and replaced. The hood lifts up and side panels come off by a rubber lug. Then it’s all full accessible. I did have a noise this year near pto that concerns me. But haven’t hear it in a while.