Why do tractors never break down in the shop

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So, mowing, nose down at about 35 degrees and a foot from the 90 degree, 10ft drop off. And the whole tractor just dies. Nothing, no juice, nothing... Painful walk up to the shop, grab all the tools I can think I might need and back down I go.. After digging for a while I find this little plastic box next to my rear electrical connectors. Pull it out, take a look and realize that instead of having a fuseable link I have a giant fuse that is, well, take a look.

I am not sure how or when this happened. It seems old, and the tractor has a few electrical issues when I got it. So who knows. Walked out, drove into town, and got another fuse and back to mowing but man, why can't this thing just pull out of the shop and fail there.

Attachments

• Fuse - 1.jpeg
    Fuse - 1.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 232
   / Why do tractors never break down in the shop #2  
Murphy's law...............................:laughing:

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #3  
That fuse is a symptom of your bigger problem not your problem replacing the fuse and not fixing the problem is behaviour that leads to a bigger problem in a more awkward place and time in the future exactly the issue you are complaining about

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #4  
Sorry to hear about your problems. Murphy's law is right.

So,...do you have any idea what caused the draw that caused your 100amp fuse to blow?

You seem to have more than a few of these "not a great place for a breakdown" breakdowns.

All the best,

Peter

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #5  
So, mowing, nose down at about 35 degrees and a foot from the 90 degree, 10ft drop off. And the whole tractor just dies. Nothing, no juice, nothing... Painful walk up to the shop, grab all the tools I can think I might need and back down I go.. After digging for a while I find this little plastic box next to my rear electrical connectors. Pull it out, take a look and realize that instead of having a fuseable link I have a giant fuse that is, well, take a look.

I am not sure how or when this happened. It seems old, and the tractor has a few electrical issues when I got it. So who knows. Walked out, drove into town, and got another fuse and back to mowing but man, why can't this thing just pull out of the shop and fail there.

How's that brake tender treating you?

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #7  
Why does your back never hurt when at the doctor? Makes it seem like your faking it.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #8  
Murphy's law...............................:laughing:

Why is everyone always blaming their problems on Murphy? I think he is a good guy..

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #9  
Tractors never break till you use them. If it isn't Murphy, then it must be Lucas.

/ Why do tractors never break down in the shop #10  
Why is everyone always blaming their problems on Murphy? I think he is a good guy..
You *may* be biased!
Then there is Murphys corollary. Once something gets screwed up, any attempt to improve the situation only makes things worse.