Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position?

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #11  
Do you have the build part number? It will show the selected spool options. It will be a alpha numeric number. It may be on the valve or your paperwork.

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position?
The Cross part number is 150340

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #13  
   / Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #14  
You said the FEL is fed from a block bolted between where the 3ph is originally fed? So what is feeding the 3ph now?

And you day the old valve did the same thing in float?

I'd say it's not a valve issue, it's the way the valve is plumbed.

Are there marking s on the ports. Like P and T

It almost sounds like it's either plumbed backwards or that it needs PB

I will have to go take a look at it again. I have not had much time to work on it due to a major repair/remodel on my home. I will get back on it soon. Thanks for all the input.

Ok, I had time to go look at it again. The white arrow points to the pipe that comes from the hydraulic pump. The red arrow is the pressure hose to the valve, which is marked as "IN". The other hose is the return which is marked as "OUT" (as it is plumbed the way I bought it). The 3 point is fed from the the pipe into the 3 point housing. The FEL is plumbed from the aluminum block that the hoses are attached to. When there is no FEL, the relief valve bolts directly to the lift housing.
View attachment 731998
0131221238_HDR.jpg
0131221238_HDR.jpg

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #17  
There may be a defective O-ring in the new valve,,

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #18  
Since you state relief valve bolts here if no FEL, Where is the relief valve in the system located now?

Is there six or seven hoses connected to the loader valve? Since like LD1 states both valves did the same it sure points towards something being plumbed incorrectly and if 1st valve didn't work connecting the 2nd valve the same way may have just duplicated the problem.

Do you have to mechanically shift something to make the 3PH work? Does the 3PH work properly today?

/ Why does my FEL go up when I go to float position? #19  
Ok, I had time to go look at it again. The white arrow points to the pipe that comes from the hydraulic pump. The red arrow is the pressure hose to the valve, which is marked as "IN". The other hose is the return which is marked as "OUT" (as it is plumbed the way I bought it). The 3 point is fed from the the pipe into the 3 point housing. The FEL is plumbed from the aluminum block that the hoses are attached to. When there is no FEL, the relief valve bolts directly to the lift housing.

You have a pipe "from the pump" and a pressure in hose? So you have 2 pressurized inputs?

Sure you can. It's not the way it is usually done, but it will get you usable power steering except when you are actually moving the loader arms or bucket. That's OK, since power steering is most useful when you have a load in the bucket and are just going somewhere with it.

Later you can add a valve or additional pump to prioritize the power steering properly if you want.

First, check if the power beyond port is presently blocked off. Because on most control valves you cannot just remove the PB cap and magically get flow from that port. You usually have to replace the sleeve bushing piece inside that port. Best check that.
rScotty

Since you state relief valve bolts here if no FEL, Where is the relief valve in the system located now?

Is there six or seven hoses connected to the loader valve? Since like LD1 states both valves did the same it sure points towards something being plumbed incorrectly and if 1st valve didn't work connecting the 2nd valve the same way may have just duplicated the problem.

Do you have to mechanically shift something to make the 3PH work? Does the 3PH work properly today?
The blue item to the left of where the hoses are connected in the photo is the original relief valve. When an FEL is plumbed in, it goes on the other side of the adapter. There are six hoses going to the valve. The 3PH works fine. Nothing mechanical to shift for the 3PH to operate; just move the lever up and down. To be clear, I didn`t replace the valve because of the float not working correctly, I replaced it because it leaked like a sieve and I wanted a third function for a hydraulic top link anyway. If I put a hose on the PB port, where would the other end go?