Why have a pool filter?

/ Why have a pool filter? #21  
You want the chlorine to keep the water germ free so to speak. It will cause organic matter to settle out of the water but that uses up the chlorine so to speak. The filter will catch a lot of this stuff and allow the chlorine to do its job.

One thing you are fighting with a pool is that it acts like a clarifier. If you have been to a water or wastewater treatment plant they have clarifiers. This is usually round and just slows the water down and allows solids to settle out, just like a pool. That is why an intake on the bottom of a pool helps so much, to pull anything settling out into the filter. It is also the reason you need vacuum a pool, to catch the stuff on the bottom. No filter and this stuff just keeps recirculating.

That's why a pool that gets used frequently is cleaner than a pool that gets used occasionally.... the people stir up the water and the filter catches the stuff, VS a pool that just sits (even with the filter running), stuff settles to the bottom.

Even when we don't use the pool, it has to get brushed and vacuumed weekly or you can see stuff settling on the bottom. It forms in places where eddy currents slow, or in depressions on the bottom, like if your sand bottom wasn't level or got footprints when the liner was installed.

/ Why have a pool filter? #22  
You want the chlorine to keep the water germ free so to speak. It will cause organic matter to settle out of the water but that uses up the chlorine so to speak. ...

Another reason why I like salt water pools... when the chlorine breaks down, it returns to salt. Salt can't evaporate, so it stays in the pool. Then the salt water chlorine generator turns it back into chlorine. I keep my chlorine stabilizer at a good level(just like a regular chlorine pool), and the salt water generator doesn't have to run as long to keep the chlorine level proper.

/ Why have a pool filter? #23  
Another reason why I like salt water pools... when the chlorine breaks down, it returns to salt. Salt can't evaporate, so it stays in the pool. Then the salt water chlorine generator turns it back into chlorine. I keep my chlorine stabilizer at a good level(just like a regular chlorine pool), and the salt water generator doesn't have to run as long to keep the chlorine level proper.

I'm not sure that's how it works. Chlorine can't turn back into salt without a chemical reaction and available free sodium atom's. The chlorine evaporates, that's why you need to keep adding salt year after year. The chlorine generator then slowly and steadily separates the sodium from the chlorine.

/ Why have a pool filter? #24  
you have to circulate the water anyway to keep the chemicals balances so why not add a filter there somwhere to catch the sediment and other larger particles? Its a win win right?> I had an inground 3,000 gallon pool for 10 years...yanked the SOB out because in Maine its not worth the hassle and the water stays cold without intervention. Was costing me buocoup money to keep it maintained when and use it between memorial day and labor day. Was hardly used for the pain and suffering to keep it going.

Yanked that sucker out 3 years back and installed a nice 6 person hot tub best choice we ever made! You folks down south are much better off with a pool than here. You have a pool hee then you got money to burn!!!!

/ Why have a pool filter? #25  
I'm not sure that's how it works. Chlorine can't turn back into salt without a chemical reaction and available free sodium atom's. The chlorine evaporates, that's why you need to keep adding salt year after year. The chlorine generator then slowly and steadily separates the sodium from the chlorine.

Nope. I don't have to keep adding salt because salt cannot evaporate.

The only time I have to add salt is if water has been added to the pool, like a rain event, or after backwashing and I have to re-fill with the hose.

/ Why have a pool filter? #26  
The salt doesn’t not turn back into chlorine without adding energy
To break the sodium and chlorine apart .
That statement is about as silly as those dopes who think that water
Can be burned without using electrolysis to break it apart .

/ Why have a pool filter?
I found a filter at Pool Supply World for $85 that should fit. I got the filter unit from a friend that had two different sized filters in it. One, I can find, the other doesn't seem to exist. Some of the prices for these filters are crazy!!!! Now I'm just waiting for it to get her.

/ Why have a pool filter?
Both puppies are enjoying the pool, but only one will go out into it and swim. Her sister seems to want to join her, so we are watching and waiting for it to happen. Their dad and the other 2 adult digs don't have any interest in the pool other then drinking from it. FB_IMG_1596462382556.jpegFB_IMG_1596462408336.jpeg