Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #191  
We are in mountains with very low temps in the winter. Used 4 inches of sand and layed the bricks on that, easy to level and has never moved or heaved in spring.
PJ

Thanks for the feedback
I plan to build my wall about 2.5 to 3' high & back fill with gravel / soil.
Frost heave is not a problem, mid Texas, moderate temps.

From what you describe, my plan is overkill.
Rgds,
tim

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425
bag will stay open as it is stiff.jpgboom pole with hook to tie lift points together.jpggreat use of boom pole.jpgready to haul to burn pile.jpgDSCN0352.jpgHave used my boom pole or pick for the last two years to get rid of leaves. I Bought this very large leaf bag on line ($29) which has turned out to be the best investment. The bag will stand on its own while loading and has 4 handles for hauling.
PJ

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #193  
That bag is pretty slick, Paul. :thumbsup:

I just finished leaves yesterday by mowing with the PT425 60" finish mower and towing our 48" Brinley lawn sweeper behind. LOTS of trips to the dump pile with the sweeper. Once I had the yard cleared I used the FEL large bucket to push it all into a pile behind a screen of the giant reed grass that we have. They'll rot nicely by next year.

More leaves fell today, never a moment to rest.
PJ

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #195  
I hear you. Spent yesterday doing yard work here and log splitter repair, then youngest had 5 friends overnight. Today was firewood all day long. At least I got an extra hour sleep last night due to DST. :laughing:

Also switched around summer and winter implements. Got the plow on the PT now and mowers in the back of the garage.

I got a beard going for winter. You got a stash going in those pictures?:thumbsup:

No, just a dirty face

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #197  
Ha ha! I had that this weekend. I was girdling trees with the chainsaw so they die and dry upright over the winter. I was getting blasted in the face with sawdust and I realized it was probably poison ivy vines. So I wiped my sweaty face with my sleeve, which had more sawdust than my face and got a mouthful of sawdust. No rash yet. :confused3:

/ Why I Bought a PowerTrac 425 #198  
Anyhow, the PT425 pulled a years worth of firewood out of the woods nicely again. I am still very happy with this purchase. :thumbsup:

I agree, the day that I must sell my tractor and attachments (no need) will be a very sad day. Over the years my 425 and I have tackled all projects and completed all. Without the 425 most would never have been attempted.
My wife has said that they should bury me with my tractor with the way i talk about it, might just be so.
PJ