Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #182  
For the players it is a "work environment"...they should act accordingly...it's not a time or place to display personal political ideals or demonstrations...
That's not what the audience is there for and they should not have to put up with it...

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #184  
For the players it is a "work environment"...they should act accordingly...it's not a time or place to display personal political ideals or demonstrations...
That's not what the audience is there for and they should not have to put up with it...
You have a valid argument there; but I venture half of the audience disagrees with you.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #185  
Last NFL game and NHL games I saw, the audience was overwhelmingly anti-kneeling and pro-national anthem. Many booed the players at the NFL game and loudly sang the national anthem. The hockey players did not kneel.
It was maybe 90-10 pro USA at the NFL game and 99-1 NHL if not 100% pro-USA

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #186  
Soccer in Europe has had a terrible problem for many years of active racism against black players. I guess that runs across all sports, and all countries.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #187  
I do not know how anybody can say there is systemic racism (there is always a few idiots) in US sports in current times. Americans certainly have no problem cheering for anyone on their team - whether they are black, hispanic, asian, eastern european, etc. it doesn't matter. The American born white guys are definitely a minority in a lot of sports but who cares. We go to watch the athletic contest and be entertained - not to be protested to.