Why is there not more on the DK35 ?

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #1  

h2opdler

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I have been looking for something in the 30-35HP range with loader and backhoe. I kinda like the DK35 but I dont see a lot of posts about it. Is there a reason ? should I be looking more into the CK30.... This would be my first tractor so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. 10 acres in NNY so I need it for snow, firewood, cutting grass, a drainage problem, and whatever else I might need it for.

Thanks
John

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #2  
Welcome to TBN. The CK30 or the DK35 will do everything that you need to do. The DK is a larger machine and very capable. The CK series tractors all have a hydrostatic transmission option. As of yet, none of the DK series tractors have that option. Being new to tractors, maybe the hydro transmission would be a better choice. Either way, both tractors are a great choice. Good luck!

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #3  
I had the same experience when looking. I settled on the DK due to the heavy duty nature of the machine. I can assure you that you will not be the least bit disappointed with the DK or the CK for that matter. If heavy duty is what you want go with DK.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #4  
I chose the DK35 over the CK30 because of the work I do hauling logs, and my need for the external hydralics. A neighbor has the CK30 and he is very happy with the machine. I've used mine to plow and blow snow, haul logs, brush-hog fields, plow and disk fields, dig and referbish ditches, and move piles of gravel. Next year I plan to hook up the old New Holland mower to cut some 20 acres of hay. But by far the most important job is pulling the old wagon to give the grandkids a tractor ride in the woods.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #5  
I was looking at the DK40 when I got my CK30 instead. At least with the 40 you get a decent power increase over the 30. Best thing is to go sit on them both. The CK30 is just full of goodies and features that aren't there yet on the DKs. Except the DK45s which is what I would buy if the CK30 is not enough. I'm clearing 15 acres with the CK30. I also had to consider machine weight since I trailer the tractor each time I run it.

I can't say how much I love the HST tranny. Being able to move back and forth as needed for mowing, digging, attaching implements. Even in the middle of a 10 hour day of clearing brush I have thought to myself out of the blue, thank god I didn't get a shifter.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I kinda like the DK35 )</font>

So do I. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I run a 6' brush mower, 6' boxblade, 7' backblade, 7' rear finish mower and a 8 1/2' backhoe on my DK 35.
Runs all the above no problem.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #7  
I believe you will see the DK35 reworked in the near future to look more like the DK45s..... And not a bunch of difference to step up to the 45s and its a bunch more tractor and loader lifting capacity. The new look of the 45s and 65s sure looks sharp. That is why we don't stock heavy on them.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #8  
Why would they invest heavily in reworking a 35 HP tractor when the 45 and 30 is done already? Wouldn't it be better to just jamb the 35 HP engine into the 45s chassis if lower HP is what you want? The 5 HP diff is just like the CK30/CK25 in the same chassis. Maybe they'll make a DK35/40s.

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #9  
I just test drove a DK35 today and I was really happy with it. At 6'6" tall and being built like a linebacker, finding a tractor that I fit comfortably in has been a chore. The CK's are too small with the loader control stick poking me in the leg and the hydrostat pedal in just the wrong spot. My Kioti dealer is also a Montana dealer, and while they are a little more generous, I found that my hips were encroaching on the controls just a bit too much for comfort. Then I tried the DK35 and felt like Goldilocks sitting in Baby Bear's chair...it fit juuuuuust right. Now if I can only figure out where that $18,500 is coming from...

/ Why is there not more on the DK35 ? #10  
You know, I'd have to agree that the CKs are dang small. I am a short guy at 5-8 and I have the seat all the way back and still bump the dash with my knees at times. Can't imagine what a tall person would do. If I was any bigger I might gripe about it but it fits just right.