Why so many air couplers? Which is better?

/ Why so many air couplers? Which is better? #11  
There's Milton types G,L,M,P and V, and another site listed just Automotive or Industrial. Dang.... Should be simpler, no?

Just the issues of having a bunch of different things that all do pretty much the same job.

Actually you should be thankful that this is just an annoyance. I have heard that Pancho Villa once observed that he would have won the war if there had only been one kind of rifle ever invented. But the logistic problems of keeping dozens of different kinds of rifles from all over Mexico and the US reduced his army's effectiveness.

/ Why so many air couplers? Which is better? #12  
Don't forget the "B" style.

/ Why so many air couplers? Which is better? #13  
   / Why so many air couplers? Which is better? #14  
Milton and others make a universal coupler that will do A, M and ... (i cant remember) Personaly i dont use Miltons, I use Battlefields http://www.battlefield.biz/04series.shtml
They fit :1/4” industrial, the ARO 210, the Euro-high flow, 1/4” Lincoln long nose, 1/4” Automotive Trueflate, and 1/4” Italian plugs. This series was designed to provide maximum flow, interchangeability,

I dont like the cheap plugs. They wreck the good couplers.

If your starting from scratch the V or Euro couplers are better (high flow)

M or industrial are the most common.

Some of the common styles (ie not the "V"s) flow more than others. IIRC Aro's (type A) flow the most in the common styles. (could be wrong, maybe its tru flate "T" style) I had seen a chart once, ill try to find it.

/ Why so many air couplers? Which is better? #15  
Just ran into one of those situations where I *THOUGH* I knew enough.
I borrowed an impact wrench and the couplers would not. I did a bit of looking at options on air coupler fittings and found at least 7 different references.
There's Milton types G,L,M,P and V, and another site listed just Automotive or Industrial. Dang.... Should be simpler, no?

So, other than making sure the male and female coupler are the same desikgn,
what prey tell are the pro's or con's of any of the offerings.

Thanks,
Dennis

Welcome Denwa, and if you think air couplers are confusing, just wait until you get into the joys of hydraulic fittings. :D