Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses?

/ Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses? #41  
After studying the schematic I keep coming back to a short in either the ignition switch or most likely a common problem PTO switch. The water temp is powered through the pto while both on and off. Going back from that power to the switch comes from the ignition switch where the yellow wire (your saying) is also connected. The yellow goes to the engine in the other direction. Not sure of what voltage or when it travels through it without the engine schematics. I would check the switches and all the connections as well. Just seems that something is hitting ground in those areas.

/ Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses? #42  
Thank you for all the advice. I've been messing with this all weekend, and I guess I lost it. I cut out all the wires and I'm going to just wire up the basics. No more safety switches, no more hour meter, no more water temperature gauge, and not one extra wire then what I absolutely have to have.

I'm going to put in a new ignition key and a toggle switch for the PTO. Both of those have been ongoing issues for at least 7 years.

I'm going to do an online search for a diagram to copy. I just need the key to start and turn off the motor, and the PTO. I need the engine to charge the battery, and that's really all that I can think of that I need.
Dont give up. You may find out it still dont work after all that. The module that it shows is to prevent bypassing any of the safety switches. But keep that in mind if you decide to go rogue on it.

/ Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses? #43  
Thank you for all the advice. I've been messing with this all weekend, and I guess I lost it. I cut out all the wires and I'm going to just wire up the basics. No more safety switches, no more hour meter, no more water temperature gauge, and not one extra wire then what I absolutely have to have.

I'm going to put in a new ignition key and a toggle switch for the PTO. Both of those have been ongoing issues for at least 7 years.

I'm going to do an online search for a diagram to copy. I just need the key to start and turn off the motor, and the PTO. I need the engine to charge the battery, and that's really all that I can think of that I need.
I figured that might happen,hinch my attempt at calming you down in post #38. Best of luck with the rewire.

/ Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses? #44  
I can understand the frustration. Electrical problems can be challenging. Don't forget fuses in your rewire. I would also retain the temperature gauge.

/ Why would a mower melt 20 amp fuses?
The heat slowed me down, we've been hitting the low hundreds and the humidity makes it hard to breath. I worked on it in the mornings, but then I would get too hot and my brain would become unreliable. I finally figured it all out yesterday morning and I was able to mow for a couple of hours.

I didn't put the water temperature gauge back in, but I saved it and I plan on installing it. I also have to put all the metal back on for the rear bumper. It's too light without it and hard to control while mowing.

Here is what I pulled out of it. Most of the wiring was for safety switches. Some of the wires change color for no apparent reason other then to confuse me. There where 4 wire harnesses that some of the wires went through, others would go through 2 or 3 of them.

The best feeling was when I put the multi meter on the battery while it was running and I saw the voltage increase!!!!

292588954_10228343521635847_741663767279700781_n.jpg