Widening lower lift pins for mower?

/ Widening lower lift pins for mower? #11  
The body of your shredder is likely thin. Notice hos the OEM lift pins are on brackets attached to the angle iron frame. Normally boxing in the pin like the photos others posted is best but in your scenario I think the outer bracket would just be going down to sheet metal and wouldn’t do much good. If it were mine I would get some 3” heavy wall square using and weld 6” long or so pieces vertically on each side of the frame where the pins are now and then bolt the pins to the tubing. If you didn’t have a welder you could even drill and bolt the tubing to the frame.

/ Widening lower lift pins for mower? #12  
if you wany to use a Quick hitch then just modify all / any attachments to fit the QH , thats what i did ,I'm a welder anyway
so it's simple for me but if you have to pay some one to chop and reweld it will be worth it . if you are using all 7/8 pens and a QH what i did on mine was take a flat strap 1"X1/4 " and bend it around a 1 inch bar stock and welded it into the u shape on the hitch all 7/8 pens fit snug with very little movement, that will save you from buying several sets of adapters for your pens .
MHbmCmq.jpg

hFIV9TF.jpg

YrPx1tr.jpg

/ Widening lower lift pins for mower? #13  
The body of your shredder is likely thin. Notice hos the OEM lift pins are on brackets attached to the angle iron frame. Normally boxing in the pin like the photos others posted is best but in your scenario I think the outer bracket would just be going down to sheet metal and wouldn’t do much good. If it were mine I would get some 3” heavy wall square using and weld 6” long or so pieces vertically on each side of the frame where the pins are now and then bolt the pins to the tubing. If you didn’t have a welder you could even drill and bolt the tubing to the frame.

My mention of using gussets was to take all structure back to the central lifting frame already in place. While welding to thin sheet with heavier metal is a doable process, it provides only the added strength if the weakest metal. But by going back to the framing already designed to lift the cutter, you are adding your support where it is most like to support it.
My 2 cents on the gussets.