Wife said what?!?!

/ Wife said what?!?! #91  
Yes - money does not buy love.

MoKelly
I realize that!
But at 30 years, it seemed like a nice birthday idea.
4 years later, she, her boyfriend, and the Corvette were gone.

/ Wife said what?!?! #92  
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard hospital executives say they “Lose money” on Medicare patients.

I guess it’s the definition of “Lose money “.

Since I know of no hospital refuting to accept Medicare patients, I find it hard to believe.

MoKelly
They must use the same thinking insurance companies do.

Say, the accounting team projects next years profits to be $2 Billion.

But, they have a bad year, and only make a lousy $1 Billion.

Since they projected $2 Billion, they then claim they lost $1 Billion.

Since Doctors, and hospitals do accept less money for treating Medicare patients vs, most regular patients, each one equals some level of lost revenue, had they treated an non Medicare patient instead. So, they "lose money" on each one.

/ Wife said what?!?! #93  
I once bought a girlfriend a model of a Corvette when in my Teens. She has been contacting me, after being married for almost thirty years and now divorced. I forgot all about the model and have to ask if she kept it. That took a lot of work to assemble! lol

Women are FUN when you know what makes them work.

/ Wife said what?!?! #94  
I once bought a girlfriend a model of a Corvette when in my Teens.

Well —- many many many years ago I was in Hong Kong on work. When I came back I brought my girlfriend a fake Rolex as a gag gift.

But, when I gave it to her she was so happy I couldn’t admit it was fake.

Fake Rolex’s don’t last long. So, that relationship didn’t last long either. My fault.

Lesson learned.

MoKelly

/ Wife said what?!?! #95  
Well —- many many many years ago I was in Hong Kong on work. When I came back I brought my girlfriend a fake Rolex as a gag gift.

But, when I gave it to her she was so happy I couldn’t admit it was fake.

Fake Rolex’s don’t last long. So, that relationship didn’t last long either. My fault.

Lesson learned.

MoKelly
I bought a magnificent tri-color gold designer necklace in Hong Kong for my French girlfriend, back in the USA.
She was 12 years younger, and only lasted 20 months, but all things considered, that $500 necklace really was well worth the money, 24 years ago.
I shall remember her when I rock away in my nursing home chair!

/ Wife said what?!?! #96  
The key to financial security/comfort is not how much you make. It's how much you spend.
"Men do not realize how great a revenue economy is".

Cicero, Roman statesman, 43 BC

/ Wife said what?!?! #97  
I worked in the billing dept and managed the insurance contracts at a cardiology office years ago. The "list" price is determined this way if Medicare pays X multiple by 3 (some places will go upto 5x). This happens because the insurance will only pay up to the amount the provider asks for so we have to over shoot it (when they should just pay the contract amount).

So for a procedure we charge $500.
Medicare allows payment of $100
Insurance A pays $80
Insurance B pays $200

If we only asked for $100 we would be paid
Medicare allows payment of $100
Insurance A pays $80
Insurance B pays $100

I'm glad I got out of billing.
Close friend ran a big imaging clinic owned by a bunch of docs, typical. He said his biggest headaches were....billing and....collecting. Collecting was a full time job.

He hated it and when we went to lunch, it was 3 stiff drinks and nothing to eat!

/ Wife said what?!?! #98  

Yes-revenue is key. I’ve seen more than a few companies try to grow thru cost control. They are not here anymore.

Cicero was smart but underestimated Mark Antony. Didn’t turn out well.

MoKelly

/ Wife said what?!?! #99  
Back on TOPIC.

Can anything be worse for a guy, when his Wife suggests they get rid of his pickup in favour of a minivan?
Here's my mini van doing what i bought it for.

Picking up 4x8 material, easy to load, keeps it dry, can pull a trailer and......fits right in at the Starbucks drive thru!

I love it......but do not want to be seen driving it!

Really, I bought it for my old pal ranger who just passed 6 months ago. He was old and it was easier for him to get in and out the side doors.

Man, i thought i was over that.....i really miss him.

1615640153002.jpeg
1615640153002.jpeg

Yes-revenue is key. I’ve seen more than a few companies try to grow thru cost control. They are not here anymore.

MoKelly

MoKelly
Sorry, i keep bumping some button that does something. My fingertips are like rocks, i can't feel anything, sorry.

/ Wife said what?!?! #100  
Trying to relate something i read about cicero. his brother wrote a book on how to win an election and his suggestions seem to still work today. He said....

Tell people exactly what they want to hear, doesn't matter.

The first group will not remember

The second group doesn't care anyway and

There are not enough of the third group to make a difference.

2000 years later....people are people are people.