Wikibuy?

/ Wikibuy? #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
I keep seeing online ads for Wikibuy. Does anyone have experience with same?

Steve

/ Wikibuy? #2  
No, I had ABP Adblock Plus for over a year now, seams to solve a lot of my unwanted add problems, never heard of Wikibuy and dont want to.

/ Wikibuy? #3  
No, I had ABP Adblock Plus for over a year now, seams to solve a lot of my unwanted add problems, never heard of Wikibuy and dont want to.

Ditto to Wikibuy. Never had it pop up either.

Between Amazon and eBay I can get most of the basics.

/ Wikibuy? #4  
I keep seeing online ads for Wikibuy. Does anyone have experience with same?

Steve

G'day Steve.

I too have not heard of Wikibuy, so I did a wee bit of Googling. They're a legitimate website/'app' but they have no connection to Wikipedia. It appears that "Wiki" has become a generic prefix to instil confidence in a website.

Here's the rub, though; the site will, indeed, compare prices and provide you with the lowest available however, as all of these 'compare the price' websites do, they only compare the price of the companies/'service' providers who have paid them to be compared.

Of course, paying to be included can take many forms... from cash, a commission for directing customers to them and free advertising.

/ Wikibuy? #5  
I see it quite often but never got pulled in. But I did go for something called "Honey" that searches for better deals or coupons as you are shopping on Amazon and other places. It never really panned out on any purchases for me though.

/ Wikibuy? #6  
Just re-bumping this thread to see if anyone had had good or bad experiences with the wikibuy app, and do you really save money?

/ Wikibuy? #7  
Yeah, I use Honey for amazon but have also saved money when using the browser that has Honey installed. I've often saved several dollars ordering a pizza for carryout. I'm talking 50% savings at some chains. First time that happened I was using browser B and thought &^%* I'm getting an expensive pizza for 6$ carryout. I've seen the advert for wikibuy on YT but never looked into it.