Wild Turkeys anyone?

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #11  
My turkeys seem to be seasonal. I don't see very many during the summer, but see lots of them during the fall and especially during early springtime. They will move away, but not run when I come out of the house. We have deer at the feeder every morning and every night. They used to run away, but lately they just look at you and go back to eating corn. If you stay out too long or look at them too long, they stomp their feet and snort at you. If you move, they go back to eating. If you stand your ground, they wander off into the woods, but they keep snorting all the way.:D

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #12  
I too have seasonal Wild Turkeys. They are not very fearful, either.

I also try to keep Wild Turkey in the house. Ooops, different Wild Turkey!

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #14  
These guys hang at my place quite often. Our county has not had a season for a few years, so the population has been growing. I've seen up to 40 together.

Attachments

• image-4079291561.jpg
    image-4079291561.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2815133695.jpg
    image-2815133695.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 102
   / Wild Turkeys anyone? #15  
I grew up in western Ohio. I never saw a turkey when I was young. Now I see them year round at our farm. I read something several years ago. It said there are more wild turkey now, then when settlers first arrived in North America. Could be wrong but makes sense. Lots more crops (food) for them.
Everything seems to be returning. My father recalls seeing very few coyotes when he was young (40's). They called them "brush wolves". By the early eighties they were pretty common.

Chuck

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #16  
In the front yard in TN....

SANY1077 (1024x769).jpg

They don't care about people (or the cats) as long as you stay inside. Even crack the door and they are gone!

- Jay

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #17  
I live between a golf course and a sportsman club. Around 200 acres of woods. We have a flock of turkeys (30 or so) come thru every day around the same time. They wont let you get close, but don't run away either.

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #19  
jinman; I doubt that you will drink, those! Or, maybe you will, and just save the bottles?

/ Wild Turkeys anyone? #20  
jinman; I doubt that you will drink, those! Or, maybe you will, and just save the bottles?

I gave two of them as gifts and kept the third bottle of "Rare Bird." My grandson bumped the shelf and it fell behind the bar and busted. Have you ever seen a crying man licking a glass covered floor?:( Now, I have an excuse to go back and see Jimmy for some more autographed bottles.