Grapple Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple #1  

justinramani

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
Does anyone have experience with the Wildcat 66 " E-Series Root Grapple? Its the two lid model. I have searched online, but reviews are pretty limited compared to other brands. I can pick it up for $900 - thoughts????

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple #4  
I can't comment on the 66" but I had the 48" Wildkat and it was a solid piece of equipment.

The welds and finish weren't that pretty but it was still very strong and 3/8 steel was used throughout.
The upper lid didn't have grease fittings on the hinges but easily opened and closed. I don't think the lack of grease fittings made any difference in it's operation.

I had to add shims to the bottom of the quick attach because it was a very sloppy fit on my Kubota's quick attach. Wildkat sent me the shims for free and $50 to have them welded on but I did that myself. After doing that it locked up very solid and fit good. I also had to fix hydro oil leaks at the lid cylinder but that was easy.

For the price, I think you'll be happy. Keep in mind that you may or may not have to work on it to get it like it should be. Resale value is good too.

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple
What do y'all think about $899 out the door. I only have a set of remotes on the back of my 4035. How hard is it to hook this thing up using the existing ports. Any recommendation on where to ger hoses? I'm in central NC.

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple #6  
What do y'all think about $899 out the door. I only have a set of remotes on the back of my 4035. How hard is it to hook this thing up using the existing ports. Any recommendation on where to ger hoses? I'm in central NC.

The 48" Wildkat I had was $850. The 66" is 18" wider than mine with more steel in it so $899 sounds fair. I assume that they are including the couplers. If not ask for a credit on them.

As far as hydraulics, I plumbed in a diverter valve and not familiar with rear remotes but there's a lot of other guys on here that use their rear remotes. I assume all that's needed is to run hoses from the rear to the front and the correct couplers. Using an old water hose to lay out the route for your hoses helps to be more accurate with your routing and length measurements.

As to where to find a place to have the hoses made up, recommendations from friends usually is the best. Also check the Yellow Pages. Tree trimmers, landscapers and construction guys that have to replace a lot of hydraulic hoses, ask one of them who does their work.

Houser -

Great suggestions - thanks!

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple #8  
Houser -

Great suggestions - thanks!

Glad to help. The guys here on TBN really helped me a lot when I was adding my hydraulics and grapple. Just passing along some of their helpful info.

/ Wildcat 66" Bobcat E-Series Root Grapple #9  
What do y'all think about $899 out the door.

------------------------
There is only one way to find out for sure, buy it, try it, post pictures and let us know. :D

Well - I'm going to go for it. Pictures to follow. It comes with flat face connectors, but they will switch out to proper connectors for free. They will also sell me enough hyd line to connect to the rear remote. So far so good.