Wildkat atachments

/ Wildkat atachments #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Good evening,
I've seen a few comments recently about the 48" grapple made by these folks. Can some of you comment on the equipment and the buying experience? Did they take care of any problems? Call back quickly etc.? Just looking a decent grapple for weekend work. Was close to buying from Gator but just can't be sure if they are in business on any specific day based on comments here. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
RJ

/ Wildkat atachments #3  
Here's my write-up from earlier today from where I bought the bottom 1/2 of a 66" grapple from them last week: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2579602-post112.html

I wanted just the bucket, not the entire grapple. Shipping was fast & reasonable, I though, at $162.

I haven't yet contacted them about the gap that lets the bucket be very loose - Not sure I will, either. Sorta waiting to see if anyone else on here gets a resolution from Wildkat, or I might just fix it myself or take it somewhere local & let a pro do it ... although I think it would be very easy to fix.

/ Wildkat atachments
It reads like the tolerances are pretty loose. Is the 1/2 inch a deal breaker in either of your eyes? What about the overall quality of the welds etc.?
Thanks

/ Wildkat atachments #5  
The welds seem very good. But since I haven't had the gap fixed yet, maybe it's too soon for me to say whether or not it should be a deal breaker, since I don't really know for sure how hard or costly it's gonna be. For experienced welders, I think it would be a 5 minute fix. I'm not one of those :eek: I have used the grapple bottom already somewhat, but felt like I had better be pretty careful with it so it didn't either fall off or possibly cause my loader to twist itself, which happened to someone else on this forum (can't remember who)

/ Wildkat atachments #6  
Here is a picture of the 3/8" gap - Click it to see it bigger. And, yes, believe it or not the lever is locked down:

3.JPG

/ Wildkat atachments
Here is a picture of the 3/8" gap - Click it to see it bigger. And, yes, believe it or not the lever is locked down:

View attachment 237849

That looks like it could cause problems. I saw in your other post where you say you spoke to them. I'll be interested to see how they respond and make the repairs. I'm going to wait and not order until I see how you are treated. You can't beat the price but its no good if you can't keep the grapple on the tractor.
Thanks

/ Wildkat atachments #8  
Pics of how mine got fixed. Wild Kat sent 2 metal pieces, & then I took the grapple bucket to a local welder to have them welded on. These "tabs" extend 7/16" further toward the sloped contact surface of the SS QA securing pins (click on them for bigger pics):