Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870?

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
Hi folks! I have a question. Will a RCKB60-23BX deck work on a BX1870? I have a 54" deck now, and have noticed quite a few 60" ones for sale, but never any 54" ones. If it fits, would the extra 6" bog the 1870 or cause any problems? Not sure if anyone here has tried it or actually is using a 60" on the 1870..... just thought it would be nicer with a little bigger deck....

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #2  
I don't know if it will fit/work but I can't see you really noticing the extra 6".

I know I don't see a real difference between my 60" MMM and the 72" 3pt finish mower I use.

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #3  
I had a BX 1860 followed by a 2370. The only difference I could see from a power standpoint was running a wood chipper. I ran the same snowblower on both, no difference. Both used 54" mowers, also no difference. I see no reason why you couldn't run a 60" on your 1870, at least from a power standpoint.

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #4  
You'll be fine.

I've run a heavy 72" KingKutter on the back of my BX2200. Ran it just fine and it's actually narrower by 3" than the 60" MMM because of the chute.

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870?
Just wondering because I see a few lightly used ones around my area for sale...

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #6  
Yes I see a difference between a 54" and a 60" MMM on my BX2230. By this, I mean, I can get the mower a little bit closer to an item while having the tractor wheels further from the item. Power needed for two mowers is the same. Different blade lengths though. Kubots bagger works with either. Jon

/ Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #7  
I will attached a Kubota Whole Goods page for B series not because it will answer your question but rather show you the type of document you need to find.

"Whole Goods" typically are looked after by dealer sales people not parts.

A wider mower has longer blades and sometimes theree is not adequate space between the front and rear wheels for the mower to fit.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• B Series Pages from wholegoods2009 23.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 87
Ok, found a nice lightly used 60" deck yesterday for a smokin deal, missing the front linkage and had some chewing on belt from rodents. Ordered set of some mulching blades off Scamazon. There was still some original factory paint on underside of deck. Greased it, added some gearbox oil, didn't sharpen blades at this time. Took my 54" deck off. I put bolts in the back carrier brackets on 60" the same height as the ones in 54' deck. Got the deck mounted up, only had to adjust nuts on front linkage slightly. I knew wheelbase on 1870 is about 3" shorter than the 2370. Turning right full lock no problem(about 1/2" clearance between tire and edge of deckl, not so much when turning left full lock when deck is lowered. I put the turf tires back on front, still hits left turn fully. I ended up turning the steering stop nut on left side almost out fully, and that gives me a little more than 1/2" clearance between tire and deck. Feeling confident, mowed the lawn. The 1870 handles the deck with no problem. Left turns have a wider radius, but got used to it. I was surprised how much time I shaved off my mowing time with the extra 6" wide deck. Lawn takes 1-3/4 hours with the 54" deck, with the 60" deck I was done in 1-1/4 hours! I am super happy(y)...

Here’s pics before I made adjustments...

Attachments

• C3C764F7-6BB6-410A-9D80-00643037853D.jpeg
    C3C764F7-6BB6-410A-9D80-00643037853D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 81
  • FEB019FC-B5B1-4AB7-92A9-806FC95EDA3E.jpeg
    FEB019FC-B5B1-4AB7-92A9-806FC95EDA3E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
   / Will 60" deck work/cause problems on a BX1870? #10  
Ok, found a nice lightly used 60" deck yesterday for a smokin deal, missing the front linkage and had some chewing on belt from rodents. Ordered set of some mulching blades off Scamazon. There was still some original factory paint on underside of deck. Greased it, added some gearbox oil, didn't sharpen blades at this time. Took my 54" deck off. I put bolts in the back carrier brackets on 60" the same height as the ones in 54' deck. Got the deck mounted up, only had to adjust nuts on front linkage slightly. I knew wheelbase on 1870 is about 3" shorter than the 2370. Turning right full lock no problem(about 1/2" clearance between tire and edge of deckl, not so much when turning left full lock when deck is lowered. I put the turf tires back on front, still hits left turn fully. I ended up turning the steering stop nut on left side almost out fully, and that gives me a little more than 1/2" clearance between tire and deck. Feeling confident, mowed the lawn. The 1870 handles the deck with no problem. Left turns have a wider radius, but got used to it. I was surprised how much time I shaved off my mowing time with the extra 6" wide deck. Lawn takes 1-3/4 hours with the 54" deck, with the 60" deck I was done in 1-1/4 hours! I am super happy(y)...
You will also appreciate the wider mower deck in relation to getting the front wheels next to something. (IE. getting the deck under a string of wire fencing.) I have both a 54" and a 60" deck for my BX2230. However, just using the 54" because mowing rougher fields, not so much finished lawns like I was with the 60". Jon