Snow Attachments will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket ....

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #1  

subzero

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket ....

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #2  

I would think that it depends upon a few things:

1. What kind of snow are we typically attempting to move?

Heavy, wet snow might be a challenge if you're clearing a large area

2. How much ballast / traction aid can we provide?

I'd have as much weight as possible on the back, and chain the rears regardless of tread-type (please don't let this degenerate into another tread-type discussion...) :)

3. How "big" is the bucket?

If it's a true "snow" bucket, it could be pushing 1 1/2 + yds in capacity, which when filled may be more than your loader can lift, depending again on type of snow

I haven't a clue what your tractor's weight is, nor what your loader's lift capacity is. Also keep in mind that the more weight you have tied up in the bucket, the less snow that can be lifted...

I hope this helps

Lunk

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #3  

No. It's only a 2800 lb tractor and the 84 inch bucket is far too large for it. I run an 84 inch bucket to move snow on a 9000 lb, 75 hp New Holland TN. I could pick up your whole tractor in my buxket.

Andy

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #4  
I think you might want downsize just a bit or at least watch the weight of the blade closely when purchasing. I just purchased an 84" quick attach snow blade for my DX45 tractor and this thing is a monster (it was also one of the lightes ones I could find at 640 lbs) The quick attach places the blade much further out which increases the needed lift capacity as well. I would not put this blade on a smaller tractor. My last tractor was a Case DX33 which I'm assuming is comparable to your L2800 and I would definately drop to a 72" blade or even a 60" if I were buying for it.

Post some pics of what you end up with.
jk

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #5  
I agree with AndyMA. Snow weighs from 20-50 pounds per cubic foot depending on moisture content. In Alberta, your snow is likely closer to the lower end of the scale but an 84" bucket will likely be close to a cubic yard in capacity. This translates into over 800 lbs. of snow if you use 30 lbs./cu.ft. Remember that an 84" bucket will be adding a few hundred pounds more weight as well. I'd stay with a 72"-wide bucket for a L2800.

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket ....
well considering it comes with a 5 ft bucket and I can lift a full bucket of sand , or a 1000 pound impelent with no problem ...

snow at 35 lbs cubic ft X 27 = 1000 pounds

it soould do it....

/ will a L2800 handle a 84" snow bucket .... #7  
well considering it comes with a 5 ft bucket and I can lift a full bucket of sand , or a 1000 pound impelent with no problem ...

snow at 35 lbs cubic ft X 27 = 1000 pounds

it soould do it....

Except, the 60" bucket is 175 pounds and the snow bucket is probably 4-450 pounds. THe current setup is lifting 1175 and new new setup would have to lift 1400-1450. Don't forget that the bigger bucket also has it's center farther from the front axle. That's putting leverage against you.

Now, if you are just going to push the snow.....