Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger?

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #11  
If your health allows, taking a quick hitch off is annoying, but easy. Either way you need to get down and pull some pins to remove the upper 3pt link so in reality it is removing like one more pin.

That attachment rack linked above is nice. I wanted to do something similar until I saw lumber prices so all my stuff is on pallets or boards in a half circle pattern.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #12  
What 3ph attachments are you swapping on and off? and, do you already swap, or is this expected usage?

Everyone's use is different, yes - here's my own anecdote:

I considered getting a quickhitch when I first got the tractor, but held off.
My uses: rotary cutter, tiller, post hole digger, rear blade, backhoe

I find that most of the time I'm going from backhoe to one of the 3ph pieces, back to backhoe, etc; a quickhitch would be an unnecessary step every time for me, so I haven't gotten one.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #13  
Does the OP's tiller sit on stand(s) when not in use? It makes a big difference on the ease of hooking up.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #14  
I built a stand to store my PHD on, and a separate stand for the augers.

Makes it a very easy, one person operation to remove and install.
Putting on and removing my post hole digger was a problem for me. Because my wrists were crushed years ago they are now bone on bone joints and my back is fusing itself. This has resulted in limited mobility but has not affected my brain. Yet. Anyway, after reading and remembering posts here about post hole digger storage I followed the advice of others and I hang my post hole digger from a chain that is suspended between a couple of well placed trees. These trees could be posts too I was just lucky when I planted them about 25 years ago. I back my tractor up, raise the PHD, wrap the chain under the upper link, hook it back on itself, and then lower the PHD until the chain is taking up the load. The curve in the upper link seems to be in the almost perfect spot for balance. In any case, once I lower the PHD I am able to push the pins out of the 3PH arms easily and the pin in the end of the top link as well because the whole PHD is balanced while hanging from the chain.
A few folks posted similar arrangements. And boy do these arrangements make life easy. The PHD is heavy and awkward. I don't remove the auger so that of course adds weight and awkwardness. But suspending the the Post Hole Digger from the long top link which balances it makes the job easy enough for my messed up body to be able to do it single handed.
If the apex of the curve in the PHD top link was not in the right place I would have welded a hook for the chain on the top link in the right position.
It can be hell getting old, losing strength, and getting arthritis. But it's something most people confront as they age and we must use our brains to make life easier. Part of using our brains is remembering what somebody else did in a similar situation and using their solutions in our situations. TBN is a great resource for solutions. I can't say this enough. (Say, where's my check Muhammad?)
Cheers,
Eric

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #15  
I second the pats quick hitch , I change implements a lot at my farm and Pats makes it super easy.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #16  
I've looked into a quick hitch. Decided - NO. Each of my 3-point implements sits on its own wood pallet. Each being at its own angle and elevation. Out in my orchard - between the trees.

Yes - it does take patience to make connection and some times its harder than other times. But, overall I just don't see a quick hitch improving this situation.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #17  
Its all been said above :) The phd is a pia to mount / dismount. I have Pats - made it easier. I hung the phd from under my deck - made it even easier. The tilt function on my top n tilt made it even easier (of course have to remove top cylinder).

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #18  
Consider another option. I have had a tractor for 25 years on acreage. With implements too large / heavy to move by hand ... I find telescopic draft links to be the ideal attachment help. No need to muscle / pry
For the PHD. hanging it at the balance point near the gear box makes hooking it up easy without strain. I fit the boom in place of the top link first. Having it hang means it's easy to place the boom into place. Then raising the draft links to the boom arch. Again, without strain since the weight is hanging. After, securing all the lynch pins, use the 3 point to lift the PHD off the hanging rack. All done with one hand , no strain.

Merry Christmas

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #19  
You can use a PHD with a quick attach. You just have to get creative on how you do it.

I bought one that was factory for an 2N,8N and 9N Ford. ($40 at an auction sale.) There is no way that factory mount was going to work on my 4410. So I hung the Ford mount up in the rafters as someday someone is going to want a Ford factory implement and I wasn't going to destroy that value.

What I did was build a mount that uses the bottom links as a fulcrum instead of the top link. There is no top link hookup at all. I lean the PHD against one of my buildings when it's not in use and when I need it I back up to it and lift the quick hitch. Attach two finger tight j-bolts and a pto shaft and I can go and dig post holes.

/ Will a quick hitch solve my frustration of tiller hookup to auger? #20  
I've had two tractors for the forty years out here. First was brand new 1982 Ford 1700 4WD. It was a great tractor but after 27 years I needed something larger. In 2009 I bought a brand new Kubota M6040.

One DEFINITE advantage of the M6040. It has telescopic draft arm ends. I have converted to all Class 2 implements now and you do not move these with a "hip thrust". Telescopic ends are a real help.