Will these wheels work?

/ Will these wheels work? #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
OK, at this point they are going to have to work as I have already installed.

So, the rear tires on my mower (they are draggers, locked in one position) one failed, the other looked bad so I ordered a new set off the net. I took the info from the tire and placed the order and instead of a thick tire, I got a thick rim and a thin tire. These tires serve no other purpose other than height guide. They do get a lot of lateral pressure.

Oh the axle size is correct on the new tire, the other tire the inserts had fallen out.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 171
   / Will these wheels work? #3  
I think that will work great.

It says "flat free". Is it a solid rubber tire?

Plus, it has a grease nipple, which is good to have.

So these look like these tires (Marathon Flat Free 4.10/3.50-4"), which are rated at 300 lbs:

4.1/3.5-4" Hand Truck Tires - Marathon Industries

EDIT:
Marathon said:
Marathon flatfree tires provide the bounce and load handling characteristics similar to an air filled tire - with the benefit of never going flat. Marathon flat free wheelbarrow tires, flat free hand truck tires, roofing tires and other solid tires are lightweight and non marking and come mounted on a heavy-duty steel rim with shielded ball bearings.

/ Will these wheels work? #4  
Mine also bit the dust - the studded chains on my tires hit them. I got a new set from PT that Terry said have worked well for them. They were pricey. They have been sitting in the box for a couple of months. If I remember, I will open it up and take pictures.

Ken

/ Will these wheels work?
Mine were 36 a piece and yeah, thats the tire. I could not find the "Thicker Rim" Marathons (both have the same load rating) - Both are solid tires (New and old).

/ Will these wheels work? #6  
I found some solid tires at a discount/surplus place for $18 and thought man! those are great. I finally got around to putting them on and discovered they only have a hub on one side! You can't put them into a PT wheel yolk! What a find!!! :laughing:

/ Will these wheels work? #7  
I found some solid tires at a discount/surplus place for $18 and thought man! those are great. I finally got around to putting them on and discovered they only have a hub on one side! You can't put them into a PT wheel yolk! What a find!!! :laughing:
Can you add a spacer on the side without?

/ Will these wheels work? #8  
Can you add a spacer on the side without?

I suppose I could, but what it really needs is another hub on the opposite side. I really don't know what these wheels could be used for without it, other than maybe just mounting it to a plate with a bolt, like the rear implement wheels on PT attachments.

I only bought 2 of them. I can make 1 usable one out of the two by stealing the hub off of one. But I wanted 2. :laughing:

/ Will these wheels work? #9  
Just add a piece of pipe/tubing on the opposite side and slide the combination on your existing axle in your yoke and you should be good to go.

That's not to say that they would be as durable as ones with a more centered hub, but I would still use them, if it were me.

All the best,

Peter