Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,231  
I’m just glad that Gail has educated all of us on EV technology, I personally am very, very, very, very, very grateful that he is here to keep us well informed!

😝

I wish he'd tell us a little more about that trip to Austin. It sounds intriguing.

Remember when Elon was sued for calling it FSD since it didn’t actually Fully Self Drive? He testified that FSD was a brand/trademark and nobody would be foolish enough to really trust it at this stage. He claimed that all of the influencers showing the car driving itself had signed paperwork at purchase time acknowledging that FSD was a driver aid and needed supervision at all times.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #1,232  
Home Battery Banks are part of many solar installs...

Mom's neighbor has two and lots of roof panels... he says he can go 36 hours without any lifestyle change and much longer if avoids high kW use like electric dryer...

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,233  
You need to realize your information source is totally clueless on the full self driving technology subject. If you are scared of him don't tell him so.

I expect you already know Tesla is going to get out of the car manufacturing business because it is a dead end business or otherwise the big three wouldn't be in the process of going bankrupt today.

Tesla is the only viable FSD player today. You know FSD just successfully drove me 800 miles from Austin Texas to my driveway.

If you are interested in your influencer creditability consider listening to the paid automotive influencer below to learn why Tesla will stop selling cars and why FSD is theirs.

Blah blah blah blah blah and blah!

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,234  
Endless circle jerk about how amazing teslas are. How amazing ice are. How bad unions are. How bad the companies are.

Just a bunch of old man yells at clouds with very few meaningful posts
Go back and read my posts in this thread. I would describe them as insightful, meaningful and chock full of wisdom and knowledge ! ;)

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,235  
Home Battery Banks are part of many solar installs...

Mom's neighbor has two and lots of roof panels... he says he can go 36 hours without any lifestyle change and much longer if avoids high kW use like electric dryer...

Yes, but you pay the battery inefficiencies twice (solar-> home battery -> Tesla) and now have two sets of (expensive, polluting) batteries to replace. Great solution for some people but not sustainable for mass adoption.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,236  
I'm curious what UAW members drive? Don't have any here so don't know.

As for battery banks don't forget they come with tax credits... dare I say some people I know hate PGE and every dollar they don't send to PGE provides personal satisfaction... so a win/win.

I'm probably one of the undesirables in that I send electricity to the grid every day from my very old 6kW array.

When all said and done I find I average between $300-$400 check from utility each year which easily covers the $15 monthly meter charge.

It's the water bill that is killing me...

I was away for work a few weeks and asked a neighbor to.water... and water he did... instead of my average summer 325 gallons per day it was 750 gallons per day over 59 days and cost close to $900... ouch.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #1,237  
So basically you enjoy everyone else subsidizing you polluting the earth with your batteries….

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,238  
Bloomberg reports Ford settlement includes a car 1500 new car voucher, various bonuses, profit share and wage increase.

Fain said it's a huge victory and not a dime was left on the table...

We won things not seen in years ..

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,239  
So basically you enjoy everyone else subsidizing you polluting the earth with your batteries….
I don't have batteries... but resetting clocks all the time... power just not as reliable and the old transformers and poles are constantly being replaced... Some poles are 100 years old and some transformers 60+ in a city like Oakland.

Remember PGE is in business to make money and rates over 40 cents per kW are already here and PGE is encouraging solar and batteries and now provides generator panel interlocks at no cost and subsidizes generator purchase because PGE now shuts off power for days at a time...

Maybe some are OK with that PSPS?

PGE policy is clear... customers must take steps to insure alternate power is available for times PGE power is not available.

Public Safety Power Shutoff is a preventative system that utility companies use when they predict extreme weather conditions that could cause a fire Among many other weather conditions, wind and trees can interfere with electrical transmission and distribution lines, which can ignite fires.Jan 12, 2023

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #1,240  
I'm curious what UAW members drive? Don't have any here so don't know.

As for battery banks don't forget they come with tax credits... dare I say some people I know hate PGE and every dollar they don't send to PGE provides personal satisfaction... so a win/win.

I'm probably one of the undesirables in that I send electricity to the grid every day from my very old 6kW array.

When all said and done I find I average between $300-$400 check from utility each year which easily covers the $15 monthly meter charge.

It's the water bill that is killing me...

I was away for work a few weeks and asked a neighbor to.water... and water he did... instead of my average summer 325 gallons per day it was 750 gallons per day over 59 days and cost close to $900... ouch.
The majority of UAW members that work in the vehicle assembly plants drive products from the company that employ them. Some of them do have genuine pride and loyalty. I have friends that are second and third generation at the same company, and they're strict about staying in the fold.

One of my best friends never worked at anything auto-related but is strictly a GM guy because his dad worked for and retired from GM. He says GM provided the means for a good childhood and a good retirement for his dad. That's what he wants to support.