Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #881  
Even easier to have a plug in hybrid. You get full EV for short runs, but are not hobbled by the short range and long charge times (including waiting in line).
Wait until you hear about a company called Tesla. My four day 1600 mile Tesla weekend road trip experience with FSD going through major cities without intervention in our Long Range Model Y doesn't square with your above post.

/ Will UAW Strike? #882  
Wait until you hear about a company called Tesla. My four day 1600 mile Tesla weekend road trip experience with FSD going through major cities without intervention in our Long Range Model Y doesn't square with your above post.
So tell us. I've done the math.

/ Will UAW Strike? #883  
So tell us. I've done the math.
It is posted somewhere above from last night. Post your math because it doesn't square with my experience sitting in a seat of a model Y letting it drive me for 1600 miles over 4 days this past weekend. It was parked for 2 days of the weekend while I was working the trade show in Austin, Texas put on by Texas Association of Mutual Insurance Carriers in Round Rock.

That was my first solo cross country marketing trip in 15 years and was enabled by Tesla's Beta version 11.xxxxxx of FSD that you may be meeting when you're out for a daily drive.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #884  
We have so far provided charts that make everyone right and nobody wrong.

Someone has failed internet 101...

/ Will UAW Strike? #885  
Even easier to have a plug in hybrid. You get full EV for short runs, but are not hobbled by the short range and long charge times (including waiting in line).
Hybrids are a good intro to EV's. I test drove the Toyota Rav 4 hybrid and didn't like the ride.

The Tesla is not "hobbled" by short range and long charge times (including waiting in line). You should test drive one.

/ Will UAW Strike? #886  
Hybrids are a good intro to EV's. I test drove the Toyota Rav 4 hybrid and didn't like the ride.

The Tesla is not "hobbled" by short range and long charge times (including waiting in line). You should test drive one.
What is the max range on the best Tesla that is currently for sale?

/ Will UAW Strike? #888  

It depends on where you live and where you drive. On a lot of my trips I have to worry about finding _gas_ stops in the middle of the night (not as bad as it used to be though). I've never noticed any superchargers on those routes. Probably will be soon, but not yet. I often leave Mitchell, SD and head through the res to North Platte. Probably about 300 miles? I did note that they got one in Murdo, SD now, so a guy that didn't mind driving on the interstate could go out I-90 to Murdo and then cut down to North Platte.

Anything happening with the strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #889  
What is the max range on the best Tesla that is currently for sale?
Max range on the Tesla Y LR is 325 miles (rated). Actual range will vary depending upon winter vs summer, running the heater, living in a cold climate.

/ Will UAW Strike?
Max range on the Tesla Y LR is 325 miles (rated). Actual range will vary depending upon winter vs summer, running the heater, living in a cold climate.
I still read where it is recommended to keep the battery between 20 and 80% with 50% being optimum. I understand that NO manufacture will rate mileage of an EV by this standard just as an oil burner won't give a range for a tank of gas that doesn't go below 1/4 tank.

Having said that, IF you try to maintain the EV battery between 20 and 80%, what does that reduce the 325 mile range to? My simplistic math tells me the 325 mile range is closer to 200 miles if using the battery between 20 and 80%. Am I wrong?

I usually fill my Mazda 3 up after about 350 miles. The range is closer to 400 on a tank with my driving habits.