Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #31  
So, a farmer scraping down to the concrete, someone scraping through packed snow, a demo crew scraping through floor products down to concrete are bad operators?

Well think about it. If you keep both axles (or the whole track) on the ground you have a lot more traction. It's a lot smoother ride. It's easier to see what you are doing.

You can get the same angle of attack with the bucket by raising the arms. The arms don't have to be all the way down on the stops.

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #32  
It is more more effective to lift up the front wheel when trying to backdrag. How often do you see a machine with the front wheel lifted up loose traction anyway?

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #33  
Well think about it. If you keep both axles (or the whole track) on the ground you have a lot more traction. It's a lot smoother ride. It's easier to see what you are doing.

You can get the same angle of attack with the bucket by raising the arms. The arms don't have to be all the way down on the stops.

Think about this... if you have 2000# on two, 4-foot tracks 1' wide (8 feet of track total) you are dispersing about 250# per square foot. If you tip the machine up so that only 1/4 of the track is touching the ground, you now are dispersing 1000# per square foot. Kind of like digging in your heels. It also brings more machine weight down on the leading edge of the blade on the bucket. Better for scraping.

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #34  
Well back when I was running a bobcat I could move a lot more dirt with 4 wheels than I could with two. Maybe things are different now. It's been 30 years...

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #35  
A good tracked unit is much better than a tractor for heavy grading (dirt), moving bulk material, and operating in wet or soft conditions. For finish grading, a tractor is better.

I agree. I'll add that finish grading can be done very professionally with an experienced operator as well. Very easy to control the bucket on a CTL compared to a SS.

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #36  
Well back when I was running a bobcat I could move a lot more dirt with 4 wheels than I could with two. Maybe things are different now. It's been 30 years...

I ran a MACK brand SS 30 years ago. It was a large unit for it's time. Today's SS and CTLs are so much more effective. The industry has learned a lot over those 3 decades. I'm a CTL fan. 90% of the time they will outperform a SS.

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #37  
My boss had one and not the most off roady truck but it had 3 diff locks and you could change the tyre presser from in the cab both up and down.

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #38  
Good buddy of mine has the tracked bobcat , enclosed cab , stereo etc . Well he likes to make fun of my tractors , " those little toys" I get a call tonight , needs me to pull him out , tells me the road where he is and his phone dies . I called back and it goes straight to voice mail . Now I figure something is wrong so I go and find him . He slid off the road , and backed into a tree , while trying to get unstuck his bucket came loose and fell off , the arms on the loader were half way up and couldnt go down. So he cant get out of the machine . Escape window is blocked and he cant open the front door . Now he is Mr. equipment , and I have the wimpy tractor . I start laughing my ***** off . It is my turn to have some fun . So i told him , your phone is dead , there is no one around , you are stuck in your bobcat , repeat after me . " Your tractor is better than my bobcat " and say " dear sir please pull me out " his response was the normal " go f yourself " And I am laughing so hard , and tell him to get comfortable , its going to be a long night sleeping in the machine . I at least got him to say " Please " . So I unhook the hoses to the 3 in one bucket , drag it off to the side , hook up a chain to my NH tractor . And pull him out . And had to rub it in , " so the wimpy tractor is good for something " Been friends for 30 years , now I can give him a hard time for a month or 2 .

I would have done EXACTLY as you did to a good friend!
I LOVE IT !!!

/ Wimpy tractor pulls out tracked bobcat skid steer in the snow #40  
the hoses were attached to the 3 in one bucket . he tried and the bucket almost broke the windshield , which he just replaced 3 weeks ago

He had one more alternative to get out if no one was around to help, this probably would have cost him another door glass though. The front door has emergency exit capability. The newer M-series have inside levers on the hinge side that release hinges so door falls on the ground. The older models have a rubber locking strip in the window gasket (same as rear window has), pull the strip and push glass out - falls on ground and breaks but at least you get out.