Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #11  
White spruce. Ill have to measure but I'm pretty sure its 8-10 between trees and 10 feet between the rows. This was under the recommendation of the local soil and water district. I honestly don't know much about windbreak or spacing but I trust them.

This looks like what I would like to do. did you have a fairly small valve on that tote? I am wanting to craft some pvc monstrosity so I would like to get triple that flow if possible to water 3 trees at once.
I would check elsewhere. Soil and water tends to crowd the trees.

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #12  
I just had 3 rows of spruce put in, each row is about 1000 ft and I believe they did 8 or 10 foot spacing. They recommended I water the trees if we don't get consistent rain.

I am thinking of just purchasing a 3 point sprayer and straddling the middle row. I guess my question is this the best option of efficiently watering the trees? I imagine I need like a 20ft boom to get coverage over the 3 rows, alternatively EA sells a sprayer where you can get a nozzle that will spray a 50 ft swath. I'm not sure what would make the most sense in my case.

Can these be used to spray chemicals or are they typically just for water?

Here is what I was looking at : https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...-150-Gal-p/sou-sprayer-boom-100g11004-150.htm

View attachment 746332
We drilled several 3/16 holes in the side bottom of several 5 gallon buckets.
We had totes and a 1000 gallon tank.
We would drive by and fill the buckets.
We had enough buckets that by the time we ran out of buckets, it was time to move the buckets and do it again.

I had some 1" pvc hose. We also had a 1-1/2" or 2" pvc T'd off the tank to fill buckets and dump them into the drip buckets.

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #13  
The State Hwy Dept started a project several years ago. Plant rows of trees along specific sections of the state hwys. Called Living Snow fence. Must work/help because I see more planted every year. They also lay down black plastic sheeting. They say it heats the soil and helps growth AND causes condensation under the plastic to help add water to the young trees.

They never water these trees and they seem to be doing fine.

Last edited:
   / Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #14  
I'd look for a 500 or even a 1000 gallon water tank. Use a 2" fertilizer hose to gravity feed water to each tree.

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #15  
I'd look for a 500 or even a 1000 gallon water tank. Use a 2" fertilizer hose to gravity feed water to each tree.
We had better luck bucketing to the trees.

The hoses all got heavy in short order.

We do have a couple hundred foot of 1" - 2 one hundred foot sections.
I've been meaning to advertise the hose, but keep forgetting

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer
1653952488413.png

Well. It's not great but its a start lol. When the tractor comes in I'll be able to get more control on where the water is pouring, also I've got different fittings to better split the water between the 2 rows I'm watering. Honestly for long term I might see what it would cost to get tubing to water these. Otherwise the bucket strategy seems okay, but it's a lot of trees to keep moving buckets

/ Windbreak watering / 3 point sprayer #17  
View attachment 748278

Well. It's not great but its a start lol. When the tractor comes in I'll be able to get more control on where the water is pouring, also I've got different fittings to better split the water between the 2 rows I'm watering. Honestly for long term I might see what it would cost to get tubing to water these. Otherwise the bucket strategy seems okay, but it's a lot of trees to keep moving buckets
We Had about 1200 trees.
We have a 1000 gallon tank and a gas transfer pump we would sell