winter fuel

/ winter fuel #2  
what are you all using for winter fuel for below zero temps?

pump fuel. Around here on road #2 is blended down to -40 by now. At most stations, off-road #2 is blended to -40 year round. If a cold snap is predicted I'll add the recommended amount of power service but I've never had any trouble as long as I make sure to keep a nearly empty tank in the fall.

/ winter fuel #3  
I just use highway diesel from local Chevron station. Many, many years ago I had my diesel fuel jell during an especially cold spell. I've used Power Service in the winter since then. No more problems.

/ winter fuel #4  
what are you all using for winter fuel for below zero temps?

Where is member "dieselade" located? Help answering if location was added to profile.. tks.

/ winter fuel #5  
I use the same fuel our locate highway departments and heavy equipment owners use,better chance of fresher winter blend,also add little anti gel.

/ winter fuel #6  
I'm still on summer fuel I filled my 275 bulk tank in may have 100 gal left . I always use power service white bottle year round

/ winter fuel #7  
I blend my own around 30 to 40 % #1 into my #2 and power serve at the high dosage.
Around here none of the "summer" fuel is blended and I have no faith in what I here the blend
ratio is at the service stations.

/ winter fuel
i am in west cent in. i did update my profile. i thought when i said below zero temps that would cover the issue in question.

/ winter fuel #9  
Get some K1 blend it in to your tank up to 50%, 30 or 40% should be good, then add the high dose of the white bottle power serve, also

Okay, lots of good advice here. I'm going to touch on one thing I haven't seen mentioned and I think when done I'll copy and paste to some other threads.
In sub zero temperatures cut down on the exposure to the outside air for your equipment,
put a plastic trash bag in front of your grill to stop the air flow, wrap a bungee cord around to hold it in place, as it warms up you can give it some air if needed, just slid your cover down a bit.
Get a small tarp and more bungee cords wrap it around the hoods on your tractor under the engine and on both sides.
When you get to using it open up the front to get a little air in, watch your temperature gauges unless you are working
your engine hard it will need very little air, the heat that you trap will warm your fuel lines and filter.
If its making heat then you can open up the rear a bit and let some come back to your feet, it will be like the old heat housers
we used to put on and a few of use still do at times.
Let these diesel run warm they will work better and last longer, note I said warm not to hot :thumbsup:

/ winter fuel #10  
I'll do a lot of things to have the tractor start up and run in cold weather before hanging plastic or tarps around it that I have to contend with while using the tractor to do work. just sayin...
Just maintain the different necessary parts for good performance.. I'm thinkin...