Winter has arrived

/ Winter has arrived #11  
Slowzuki,

We're moving to Mars Hill, Maine in 3 weeks and they got the same snow today that you did. Can't wait to get out and play in that stuff...

/ Winter has arrived #12  
Sat on a bench in Moncton and watched the tidal bore come up the river. Not a big one, only about 8" high. But still pretty amazing! I understand they are sometimes several feet in height.

/ Winter has arrived
JimFL will become JimMe I suppose. Maine eh? Practically next door neighbours! We probably won't get any serious snow until late Nov or early Dec, todays will be gone by tomorrow. I really need to weld the plow mounts on the new truck though!

Gary, I have never seen the tidal bore in the Petecodiac (sp?) but I have seen it in an equivalent river in Nova Scotia. The tide is incredible in the Bay of Fundy, up to 16 metres (50+ feet!)
Ken

/ Winter has arrived #14  
fredricton eh, my wife has family near there, oramocto, actually. nice place. our tides are around 25-30 feet here in the annapolis basin, and we acutaly have the first tidal power genorating station in north america.

/ Winter has arrived #15  
Slowzuki,

I have a Jeep Wrangler that I took to Tellico a couple of months back. I see you're a Samurai man. Maybe we can do some four wheeling sometime... :)

I think you have a good idea with JimME. I'll have to reserve it.

Stay warm!

Jim (currently in nice and warm Florida)

/ Winter has arrived
Tellico, there are some crazy rigs running that I hear! There are a number of groups and runs up here, my samurai has been parked a while now, I've been too busy to get it out.

I think I may end up using it to winch some logs on our new property, so there is an incentive to work on it!
Ken