WINTER ~ / ~ SUMMER Blends

/ WINTER ~ / ~ SUMMER Blends #11  
Filled a barrel up the other weekend and I asked the distributor about winter blend and I was told he dosen't sell it. This distribuitor also has an excavation business and school bus business so I asked what he does with all of his equipment; he just mixes dyed kerosene with dyed diesel at around 70 - 80% diesel to 20 - 30% kerosene.

/ WINTER ~ / ~ SUMMER Blends #12  
Filled a barrel up the other weekend and I asked the distributor about winter blend and I was told he dosen't sell it. This distribuitor also has an excavation business and school bus business so I asked what he does with all of his equipment; he just mixes dyed kerosene with dyed diesel at around 70 - 80% diesel to 20 - 30% kerosene.

I know from one of my visits to a Exxon terminal for work, Exxon was blending a 80% diesel / 20% Kero at the terminal.. That was in Northern VA, so I would imagine EVERY terminal north of there would be only selling a winter blend..

Maybe that distributor is still selling inventory from his bulk tank that was bought over the summer??? I certainly wouldnt want to buy blended and then blend it again...

Brian

/ WINTER ~ / ~ SUMMER Blends
Here we only have 3 distributors .
The all get their fuel from the local Ashland bulk plant .
In the summer the plant only has summer blend and in the winter all they have is winter blend.
The distributors have no choice in the matter as they're stuck with what ever the bulk plant has at the time they fill up their trucks there at the bulk plant.

I know from one of my visits to a Exxon terminal for work, Exxon was blending a 80% diesel / 20% Kero at the terminal.. That was in Northern VA, so I would imagine EVERY terminal north of there would be only selling a winter blend..

Maybe that distributor is still selling inventory from his bulk tank that was bought over the summer??? I certainly wouldnt want to buy blended and then blend it again...

Brian
That just just might be what's going on at that distributors.
I wouldn't buy there as I would be afraid of getting blended fuel that was blended again.