Chains Winter Tire Chains

/ Winter Tire Chains #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
Scanning this site I recall seeing a discussion regarding the use of tire chains for winter plowing. Since I am now the proud owner of a B3030 with a 6 foot Curtis power angle plow I must say I'm anxious to give it a try. I know there are other B3030 owners on this site with Curtis plows. Can any one share their experience with heavy slick snow? I have been using the FEL bucket on my B7100 for years. It has turf tires and is usually fine without chains. The B3030 has R4 tires. I'm wondering if the larger plow will require chains.... Any info regarding chains in use would be appreciated.

D

/ Winter Tire Chains #2  
Not sure about the front setup on your 3030 but my 2410 has steering knuckles very close to the wheels and customizing chains that won't rub on the knuckles is difficult. I had planned to extend the inside links by 2 or more and then take up the extra tension on the outside. THis should work until the chains shift while on motion!!
What I wound up doing was buying an extra set of wheels from Tractorsmart and then mounting a set of Titan Tru Power tires. The lug tread is not as thick as your R4s and is very flexible. I found that after mounting them to the front, I didn't need to think about chains anymore!!

/ Winter Tire Chains #3  
I do not think you are going to find any B3030 owners with snow plowing experiences. Since the first ones were delivered this spring in the south.
My B2910 has a Curtis 6'6" blade. It has been great. Here is a picture of it.
Click Here Check my photo gallery for more pictures.
I have not heard of anyone adding chais to a B3030. There was a problem putting chains on B27-2910's with turf tires. No clearance between tire and fender bolts. When I was checking into the B3030 my dealer said there is a option for spacers if needed.
I have a set of chains and spacers for my B2910. But have never used them for plowing snow.
I purchased chains from TireChains.com.
There is another place in the East that has chains also.
To get my tractor to plow snow good. I added a rubber edge to the blade. Also have a weight box that weighs 500 lbs. I also use my HD rear blade if I need it.