Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #1  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
I have a gravel drive that's 1200 feet from highway to the house. We'd like to have an early warning whenever someone drives up. Longer wireless range would provide more time to prepare to receive visitors. I had an optical alert from Miltronics, but it had too many false alarms from birds and animals. I'm looking for either air hose type or an inductive detector. Would an air hose last or even work reliably on a gravel road ? What's your experience with the inductive types from Dakota, Mighty Mule, etc.? Any other options ?

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #3  
We had an inductive,, the sensor sat along side the driveway, in a PVC pipe.
The black box of electronics , with an antenna sticking out,, was hardly sealed,, at all,,
by the time the second set of batteries was dead,, so was the electronics,

Moisture killed it, IMHO,,

I am positive it did not last 20 months.
The price was quite high, considering the life,,

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #4  
I’ve had the mighty mule one for about 15 years . It only has a range of about 400 ft . But my drive is only 800 . So 400 gives me ample warning of guest . I have though about the Dakota . But it is fairly spendy ,and the mule hasn’t failed .

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations
Well trained dog.
I have a well trained dog. But, he's a house dog. The dog relies on the driveway alert. When it alerts, he looks through the window to confirm and then barks at me. :D He treats it like it's a doorbell

Attachments

• Facebook.jpg
    Facebook.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 116
   / Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #7  
I two Dakota Alerts;they work well,one is 1/2 miles away(Murs type)
Deer will set them off.I recently switched to cell based game cameras and more than happy with this set-up.sends a picture within two minutes.Tatcta Cam Reveal.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #9  
I no longer have it since we moved but had great luck with the Dakota alert system Murs system with in ground probe for detecting vehicles.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #10  
I’ve had a Dakota system for several years without failure. The distance is generally good assuming clear path. Obstructions will cause a shorter distance.